HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my MKE T94SD works flawless it gets quit some range time. Cleaning the bolt and barrel is easy enough, but how do I clean the outer part of the barrel? Last time I took off the suppressor it took me quit some effort because of all the built up carbon.

I know there's a special tool to do that, but that's hardly available over here in Switzerland.

Any tricks to get the job done?

·
Registered
441 Posts
You need the MP5SD barrel port brush. It’s become a unicorn of sorts in recent years though. Alot of guys make their own port brushes. Its not a complex tool. Here’s an old thread on how to make one.

·
Premium Member
3,302 Posts
Now that my MKE T94SD works flawless it gets quit some range time. Cleaning the bolt and barrel is easy enough, but how do I clean the outer part of the barrel? Last time I took off the suppressor it took me quit some effort because of all the built up carbon.

I know there's a special tool to do that, but that's hardly available over here in Switzerland.

Hunt down a factory tool, they seem to work the best.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need the MP5SD barrel port brush. It’s become a unicorn of sorts in recent years though. Alot of guys make their own port brushes. Its not a complex tool. Here’s an old thread on how to make one.
wow, that looks perfect. Thanks

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I went the build route. Biggest tip is to clean the barrel while the barrel is facing down. Awkward at first but helps keep the removed carbon out of the barrel area/ off the silicone gasket.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
You can make one using a car battery terminal brush and piece of PVC pipe. I will post a pic when I get home later. Works fine, been using mine for 10 years.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't have privileges to post this in heads up, but just got the email that hkparts has them in stock. If somebody sees this post and has the necessary privileges please post in the heads up. probably a few people looking for one.

not affiliated and all that jazz

·
Registered
431 Posts
Brake cleaner fluid. Lubricant immediately after cleaning.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
My buddy made me one as stated above with the battery terminal brush and pvc handle. Works great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts