HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I constantly hear a clicking or ticking noise when I move the gun when i'm tilting it upwards. Is this normal? It sounds like something is rattling or clicking around. It only does it occasionally. Should I be concerned? I'm not positive where it's coming from but I think it might be that spring in the mag well or perhaps near the trigger. I took the slide and barrel off the frame and it still does it.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
If you take the pistol apart and look at the recoil spring. See the white plastic band on it? That is your culprit. Perfectly normal, and NO DO NOT TAKE IT OFF. Leave it alone it just clicks a little just one of those things.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Just to support sfguard, he is correct. The plastic bushing slides back and forth and makes a noise. unless the guns still has a bunch of grease on it, then it doesn't slide so much. =) Also, it could be the right side slide stop, those are the more wobbly ones, and some of them can make a clicking sound when you move the gun around.

·
Registered
93 Posts
if it is a compact, then that is probably it. If it is a fullsize or still does it with the slide assembly off, then we have a diff. problem.

·
Registered
190 Posts
does the gun only rattle when you insert a full magazine with the slide closed?
my USPt45 does that....something sliding around a bit under mag-spring tension. when i rack the slide and chamber the first round, the clacking stops.

·
Registered
93 Posts
if it is coming from the frame and you have removed the slide asb. and it still does then we are dealing with something else altogether.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The mags in my USPc used to do that when they were fully loaded. Try removing the mags and shaking them and see if that's where the problem is. I never had a problem with the mags in terms of function, they've always worked fine, they just made that little click noise.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a fullsize .45, guys I think I found the problem. The lock out device, I turned it to the right and then back to the left and it doesn't seem to be making any noise or rattling anymore. It sounds like it was the spring inside the mag well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm glad you found the source of the noise, I'd have casted my vote with the recoil buffer crowd. Mine slides back and forth. Magazines also rattle and make noise too, also perfectly normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts