HKPRO Forums banner

3421 - 3440 of 3453 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
FYI if you’re using a PTR as a G3K clone base the rear sight body may not work with an HK G3K drum. I have two correct drums that would not install on either my K3P or my 91GIR. I ordered an HK rear sight body from RTG and the G3K drum went right on. Now I have a correct G3K drum installed.

·
Priest of the P7
4,822 Posts
Yeah Z5RS is amazing. I have both you can tell and feel the difference if you actually rock and roll with them. Gasem up burnem down.
I'm pretty sure that I've "rocked and rolled" with both and the difference you feel is all in your head.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pretty kewl....I did one a while back.

Did you fill in the selector markings with crayon?
Yes I used crayon temporarily until I pick up some model paint. It was an old trick I used on my Arsenals SAM7's due to there military grade paint. Was a pretty cool project to do. Made it as close to spec as possible down to the 19.76 OAL and threaded the barrel to 15x1. I want to mill out a gap under the faux charging handle to add a little more HK detail to it and I will probably make some mag chassis for the BX mags. Surprisingly the Promag has run flawless but I don't expect it to stay constant for long do to its design. Ill check out your link! Edit: Build looks good! Noticed on yours you did alot of filing at the barrel opening. To avoid that what I did was corrected the angle of the hand guard so that it would locate the barrel in the correct position without disturbing the holes on the handguard for the main retainer screw.

IMG_0763.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just finished making some upgrades to my PTR K3P.

20201020_063148.jpg 20201020_080322.jpg

20201020_063132.jpg 20201020_080349.jpg

KAK Medium Flash Can
AIM Sports HK33/G3K M-LOK Handguard
BCM M-LOK Covers
Magpul M-LOK AFG
Primary Arms 3x Gen III Prism Scope
Magpul SL Grip frame.

I'm nearly finished with this project. I also picked up a Streamlight RM2, but I'm still playing around with where I want to mount it. I'm also not a huge fan of how the BCM covers look, but it was $10 for them and they are easy to cut and get the job done effectively. Once I get everything dialed in on the rails ill probably replace them with something more permanent.

·
Banned
34,577 Posts
I just finished making some upgrades to my PTR K3P.

View attachment 277145 View attachment 277146

View attachment 277144 View attachment 277147

KAK Medium Flash Can
AIM Sports HK33/G3K M-LOK Handguard
BCM M-LOK Covers
Magpul M-LOK AFG
Primary Arms 3x Gen III Prism Scope
Magpul SL Grip frame.

I'm nearly finished with this project. I also picked up a Streamlight RM2, but I'm still playing around with where I want to mount it. I'm also not a huge fan of how the BCM covers look, but it was $10 for them and they are easy to cut and get the job done effectively. Once I get everything dialed in on the rails ill probably replace them with something more permanent.
Excellent rifle and setup!!! :)

Tony

3421 - 3440 of 3453 Posts