HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got an SP89 clone from MKE and I want to start upgrading parts to original German HK parts. Where would you all suggest I start? Bolt head? Bolt Carrier? Barrel? Elsewhere?

·
Vendor
2,158 Posts
MKE should be fine. If it functions fine, why spend money on replacing parts...HK = $$$$, spend it on ammo.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'd personally run it until it stops running then look for replacement parts after that.

the MKE stuff should be good to go though.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you gentlemen! I do want to get the barrel either extended and threaded or replaced.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
So I've got an SP89 clone from MKE and I want to start upgrading parts to original German HK parts. Where would you all suggest I start? Bolt head? Bolt Carrier? Barrel? Elsewhere?
The MKE is made on licensed production equipment, same as the POF parts for G3's.

Unless you're having malfunctions I wouldn't replace a thing.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Contact Curtis @ S&H in Owasso, OK. he can extend your barrel with a threaded 3-lug. He will work on your MKE and will cost less then a new barrel being purchased, installed and the gun refinished...

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Just get normal spare parts that need replacement or are normal wear items:

Extractor springs
Extractor (not as common to wear out)
Alternate locking piece, if changing to a tri-lug and suppressor(might not be necessary)
Ejector lever (not as common to wear out)
Ejector spring (sometimes they wear out, sometimes you just lose them when cleaning)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone! I'm going to pick up some spares and I've been working on some of the Asian Contract mags I have to get them to work. I think I figured out the problem with them.

Contact Curtis @ S&H in Owasso, OK. he can extend your barrel with a threaded 3-lug. He will work on your MKE and will cost less then a new barrel being purchased, installed and the gun refinished...

Good luck!
Already have and got a quote!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts