HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1340 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure what my serial number is at the moment, but here is a picture of my HK MR556 all set up. Have a Surefire flash hider/mount on it now though. Hoping my Surefire can Form 4 will be done in the next month or so. It has been about 6 months after all!

I used this rifle, as set up, at one of Larry Vickers' 2 day carbine courses and it was great. Boringly reliable. That sight sucked close in though, slowed me waaaay down. Still, I was the man for the offhand at distance portion of the class at least. Figure at some point I will stick one of those offset mounts on it and use a T-1 to make it good for close stuff.

I have been documenting every single round through this gun. So far 1,372 rounds and zero malfunctions. I have not been very careful about cleaning it either. I keep it lubed though. Very happy with it. Looking forward to running it with a can. Will advise on how that goes and new pics also. Heavy rifle but a very good one! :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
We have a Club 762. How about starting a Club 556? We shouldn't discriminate just because we have smaller calibers! :wink:
Post you pics and or lay claim to the lowest serial number.
You shouldn't discriminate against your friends who cant afford them either!!!:wink:LOL

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I picked up the HK 6 position stock from Adam over at hkparts.net. Some agency traded them in for something different and the one I received was in perfect condition. It came with the buffer tube + stock, and I used the buffer spring that came with the MR556.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Very Cool!

I'm not sure if I'm going to do a 14.5 416 or M27 IAR build with mine in the end.

So far I've swapped the MR556 set-screw stock for the standard 416 with the extended removal lip, no set-screw and the convex butt pad. Also swapped out the gas block for a 416 with the bayo lug but If I go the M27 route I will swap out the original 556 gas block. The Grip-pod works nice because you never have to lay the weapon on its side. HK rail covers at 3 & 9 and surefire covers at 6 & 12. I used the Eotech since the A.R.M.S. mount would not leave marks on the upper. I have an Aimpoint M2 on a LaRue mount but was afraid the mount would chip the anodizing. I have my Trijicon M4 on another weapon but wouldn't hesitate to swap it over for a range trip. If I go the M27 route I'll grab the extended rail, proper BUIS'es, etc.

I just can't decide on barrel profile...... yet! I don't think we have seen a photo of what lies below the M27 handguard and get the chance to get micrometer/caliper measurements. If an M27 bayonet lug becomes available then I will leave the barrel the 16.5 length, re-profile and add the bayo ring.

TC

Click for more detail:

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I just can't decide on barrel profile...... yet! I don't think we have seen a photo of what lies below the M27 handguard and get the chance to get micrometer/caliper measurements.
M27 was mentioned to use same profile as HK416 for Norway. Profile for Norway is straight 22mm (roughly 0.870") before gas block and straight 18mm (roughly 0.750")in front of gas block.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Leave it o HK to pick up an American gun (ar15/m16) and build it better. I already have eight ar15s, but one of these days, I might trade a couple off to buy the HK556.

·
Banned
879 Posts
If I only bought the upper, does this mean that I don't get to play?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
We will call this progression
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1338676804.678121.jpg

·
Banned
879 Posts
We'll have to go in on a post together since I only have a lower.
Snerk!

I think chopstix entry pic means it's fair game for both of us. Throw one of your 416 uppers on the lower and call it good.

1 - 20 of 1340 Posts