HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1618 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I start an MR762 owner's picture/sound-off thread. Let's call it "Club 762" hehehe. Maybe we can get challenge coins made too, lol.

Mine arrived while I was in Ashburn. Flew home tonight, walked in the door--big hug for the Mrs, big hug for the kids, HUGE hug to my new MR762 :biggrin:
Yeah, I'm giddish over it.

Ok, here she is, #860. Almost done (see below). I added a Knight's VFG which will come in handy once I mount a red-dot, although weight might lead me down another path.

The tilting Harris bi-pod and mount came from HKParts.net. They have a good price for the pod and three different options for the mount.

Burris was kind enough to source me a P.E.P.R. QD mount. I tested its return-to-zero with a bore laser at 50-yards and it was on the money. At 100, the laser was pretty weak so it was tough to tell, but it seemed right there. It give a 1" rise which places the optic a little high for my preference of cheek-weld as the mount was designed with a "see-through" for low mounted iron sights. I'll probably step it down to a pair of 3/4" high rings but for now, I'll give the P.E.P.R. a test drive. Ideally, I would drop the optic down to a 40mm objective lens with 1/2" tall rings.

The optic is nothing fancy; Millet TRS-1 4-16x50 w/ illuminated mil-dot. The range I shoot at gave me a smokin' deal on it. It got really good reviews for the price point so I figured why not for starters. It's clear so far up to about 200 yards and holds a zero after zooming in and out about a dozen times. I haven't had a chance to point it anything farther away yet so the 300+ yard clarity is unknown. The turrets are really high which kills my idea of a red-dot atop the rings. But as I said, at some point I'll replace it with something that doesn't take up as much realesate.

Still trying to figure out which grip to use. Ergo makes a decent PSG-1 style tactical grip. I am supposed to be receiving a sample to demo but I haven't seen it yet. The HK-logo'd Nill grip (as seen at SHOT and in their catalog) is REALLY nice and comes with a complimentary $400+ price tag.

No muzzle brake as of yet. I'm waiting on an AAC Blackout Brake which I will re-tap to 15x1 and bore out for 7.62 as long as their engineering department doesn't tell me it will kill its affectiveness.

Anyhow, here she is...

(click to enlarge)
IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
What serial number did you get Joe. I will not see mine for several months but my FFL said my serial number was 925. Looking forward to seeing pics and the way others will configure theirs.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Awesome, Joe! And you to Frogman! Shoot, just got back from directing a shoot in SF and when I came home there were three 762 bags I ordered from the webshop. No rifles though. :( But I also had three smaller packages waiting. Some things I needed for a rifle match. :) Anyway, I look forward to my future contribution of photos to this thread.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Interesting. #818 here. Finally decided on a scope (Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40mm) but don't have the mount (American Defense AD-Recon 30mm) yet. BUIS are KAC micro flip ups (600m rear). Pictures after I get the mount.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought my MR from a dealer out of Orlando at the Fort Lauderdale Gun show about 3 weeks back..I have a Leupold VX-R Duplex 3 x 9 at home I am thinking of putting on mine,...I would rather have had the "patrol" model,.. but I was in a hurry to get one when they first came out and this was the only one in stock locally..PS..did you buy your MR from O.T.B.?

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Never heard of O.T.B. I got mine from a local gun shop in the Port St. Lucie area. They had just gotten it that day and it was on the shelf for only an hour or two before I wandered in and took it off their hands.

·
Registered
13 Posts
O.T.B.,Only the Best is a Pompano Dealer ,Stocks a lot of HK knew he had some in Stock, thought you were further south..Port St Lucie dealer (lotus Guns) has a pretty good selection if you ever get by there,..Congrats on your new gun!.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pictures damnit!!

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
They call me MISTER 762!

(click to enlarge)

KAC Micro Flip Up Sights
Leupold VX-R 3-9x40mm Patrol
American Defense AD-RECON QD Mount
Magpul Ladder Rail covers (for now)

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
I got serial number #297. Have a Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40 on there now with a set of MFI rings. I'll have to get some pics together of it....it's one of the finer rifles I own. That and my SR9(TC) with one piece claw mount and Zeiss Conquest.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
91X not sure if its 5 or 4 with out looking.

I refuse to take a photo until it becomes beautified. It must look like a G28 no matter what!

1 - 20 of 1618 Posts