HKPRO Forums banner

1281 - 1300 of 1609 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why the original castle nut on the buffer tube? doesn't the g-28 stock use the extended nut. Is there a reason for this?
Yes, you lose one stock position with the G28 tube. The positions are also spaced out differently on the G28 receiver tube. That happens to be one of two positions I need for shooting. One is for prone, one for standing/positional shooting. I have the G28 castle nut on my other MR762 which has a 1-8x Leopold. The G28 castle nut looks cooler, but I don't see it being necessary as the standard one is very strong.

M

·
0 Posts
Stevie808, can you tell me the MSP Type you used when ordering your Wiebad Mini Stock Pad? The site has several options, but none of them include a G28.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That’s amazing, thanks for sharing! Mind sharing if this came as a sample somehow from H&K or traded into you guys from a LEO/Mil unit?
It's probably a Law Enforcement sample/demo gun registered to the dealer. No select fire HK417 can legally owned by a civilian as they are all post '86 manufactured.

Is this the same gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgIQdee4wDI

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I'm loving the OSS suppressor on the MR762! Extremely quiet with 168 Grain Federal Gold Metal Match and absolutely no POI shift with my initial zero without the suppressor.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I'm loving the OSS suppressor on the MR762! Extremely quiet with 168 Grain Federal Gold Metal Match and absolutely no POI shift with my initial zero without the suppressor.

glad to see more OSS love!!! mine is pending and cannot wait for parole.....

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts

Very nice setup! I have toyed with the idea of getting one, but already have two standard MRs. Maybe I should sell one and buy the OSS version. What may I ask is that pistol under the MR?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Very nice setup! I have toyed with the idea of getting one, but already have two standard MRs. Maybe I should sell one and buy the OSS version. What may I ask is that pistol under the MR?
Thank you, Sir! I'm very happy with it so far and it's a perfect fit with the MR series rifles, not to mention there's gas in the face as with other suppressors. The pistol is a SilencerCo Maxim 9 that I was finally able to pick up from my dealer a few weeks ago. It's no HK, but I'm liking it!

1281 - 1300 of 1609 Posts