HKPRO Forums banner

1341 - 1360 of 1663 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
@Drooler

I bought my rail segments from GGW when I purchased the Hand Huard. I’ve order a couple more since as well.

Here are the type you are looking for;

https://www.germangunworks.com/heckler-koch-95mm-hkey-picatinny-rail-ral8000?c=1193

The HKey pic rails from Europe. As I’m sure you know they are very different than the MRS rail segments they sell on the US MR rifles.

Baljar has stated that GGW is now an Airsoft shop. But maybe they’ll still order for you.
Yes, GWW orders hk parts again, perhaps more and more at the request of the client at the moment.

without a guide, I can't mount my m300 scout at the moment, it's a tragedy :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
@Drooler

I bought my rail segments from GGW when I purchased the Hand Huard. I’ve order a couple more since as well.

Here are the type you are looking for;

https://www.germangunworks.com/heckler-koch-95mm-hkey-picatinny-rail-ral8000?c=1193

The HKey pic rails from Europe. As I’m sure you know they are very different than the MRS rail segments they sell on the US MR rifles.

Baljar has stated that GGW is now an Airsoft shop. But maybe they’ll still order for you.
Greatly appreciate you and other HKPro members sharing the knowledge/experience.

Will order one legally including the side picatinny rails.

Reason being I am definitely NOT a fan of the original MK417/MR762 handguard! First world problems... : )

Plus apologies for not replying to PMs quickly. Am having inbox full issues cos I am too cheap... : )

·
Registered
131 Posts
IMG_3768.jpg

Getting ready to sell mine after all the time I put into making it what i wanted. The only thing I didn't like was after adding the G28 rail I couldn't attach my AAC SDN-6 without it hitting the end of the rail. I thought it had enough bite to be ok but ended up causing a minor baffle strike. I wish a 20in replacement barrel was available and it probably would have been perfect.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks to all for the advice.

https://www.germangunworks.com/heckler-koch-hk417/mr308-picatinny-hkey-handguard-type-g28-patrol-v2
Looks like this version has the integrated front sight and is slightly heavier. Plus is EUR420.

https://www.germangunworks.com/heckler-koch-hk417/mr308-slim-line-hkey-handguard-ral8000
Am thinking this is the version I will get that does not have the integrated front sight and is lighter. Plus added benefit of being EUR90 cheaper.

Although both are out of stock, I hope to get one ASAP. Quick question re the mounting slots. I want to buy the tiny picatinny rails so I can mount a surefire IR/light at 3 o'clock. where do I buy that part? Don't want to buy a rail that I can't mount a light on...

TIA!
I have a brand new Ral8000 slimline handguard with integrated front sight for sale in the market place. I have one rail resection in ral8000 as well. The rail sections are on the website, but the keyslots are different size than the us hkey. It took six months to get this rail.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The 5 slot rail for slim handguard is 20g, at the end is egual standard and slim.
The standard 9" pic rail and the slim line with no front sight are about the same weight with one rail section attached. I couldn't believe it when we weighed them, but it's true. So you don't really shed any weight.

What you do get is a little longer top rail, good for running clip on NV. The slim rail really changes the feel of the gun. It's so much nicer in the hand.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
View attachment 172866

Getting ready to sell mine after all the time I put into making it what i wanted. The only thing I didn't like was after adding the G28 rail I couldn't attach my AAC SDN-6 without it hitting the end of the rail. I thought it had enough bite to be ok but ended up causing a minor baffle strike. I wish a 20in replacement barrel was available and it probably would have been perfect.
Nice set-up.

But dang... That is alotta magazines!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The standard 9" pic rail and the slim line with no front sight are about the same weight with one rail section attached. I couldn't believe it when we weighed them, but it's true. So you don't really shed any weight.

What you do get is a little longer top rail, good for running clip on NV. The slim rail really changes the feel of the gun. It's so much nicer in the hand.
I checked out your WTS ad. As much as I would like to jump on it, I am going to wait for the slim line handguard without the folding front sight (and extended picatinny rail to attached an ATPIAL).

Plus really hoping to get 2 rail sections. One for the front sling and the other for the IR/white light.

Best of luck with the sale!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hello Drooler, I just signed up for the site. I am going to purchase a 762/762LPR Package, but I would really like ANY input from an actual owner of a MR762 on how it's recoil is, and any other information you would be willing to share with me regarding this fine rifle.
Thanks for your time, and have a great day

NDHKDude

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hello switchride, would you be willing to give me ANY advice/opinion on the MR762/MR762LRP package. Specifically how the rifle recoils, and ANY other opinions you would like to share with me. I am getting ready to purchase one within the next 14 days. The only opinions I could get for the MR762 were off of google doing a search on MR762 review, but they were dated in 2014. ANY information would be very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,

NDHKDude

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hello switchride, would you be willing to give me ANY advice/opinion on the MR762/MR762LRP package. Specifically how the rifle recoils, and ANY other opinions you would like to share with me. I am getting ready to purchase one within the next 14 days. The only opinions I could get for the MR762 were off of google doing a search on MR762 review, but they were dated in 2014. ANY information would be very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,

NDHKDude
Well, I have the European MR308 version - not in an LRP package, currently carrying a Hensoldt. Recoil? I don't notice it.
Even for a .308, it's fairly mild - compared to bolt guns, or even my K31 Swiss (which seems to hurt more than any other rifle I have).

MR308 Public.jpg

Only real bugbears for me are the 3/9 o'clock Picatinny rails and the trigger.
The cheese grater rails are just so unusable, not sure what they were thinking.
Later versions have gone away from that, although stuck with H-Key, I believe.
I never got the trigger to be anything approaching what I'd expect on a top-end rifle - after 1,000 rounds, replaced it with an UHL.

It would be heavy if you were having to hump it, but then I have a 20" (510mm) barrel.

Still, I can effectively engage targets out to 900-1000m with it, so they're doing something right.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Mine is 13". I figured I would have issues shooting un-suppressed too, but it worked fine.
Dang. Lucky you.

My cycles like crap without the suppressor. And others have PMed me stating similar issues.

For my next SBR project, I’ll go with a 14” barrel/chop-down.

Unless I can find that elusive HK417 13” assaulter vented gas block...

1341 - 1360 of 1663 Posts