HKPRO Forums banner

1421 - 1440 of 1618 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Still working but almost finished... my MR308 A3-28 rebuilt for dynamic precision shooting in Czech republic up to 800m

Looks very nice, I've used the MR308 quite a bit out to 950-1000m.
But I have to say that it struggles a bit at 1000m, especially with a bit of wind.

I'm really wondering when HK are going to look at 6.5CM.
I shouldn't admit to my sins, but I was unfaithful to HK and bought an AR-10 clone in 6.5CM and it's simply awesome.
Just recently, I had little trouble engaging targets out to 1700m+ with it.
Poor old MR308 sits in the safe looking a bit sad and neglected.
:63:

·
Banned
34,577 Posts
Just got her back from the shop- this place did all the cerakote, engraving and etching, couldn’t be happier with the job they did. Just waiting for BAFA approval, then I can properly finish this up with the OEM scope, charging handle and muzzle device from GGW, and the RAL V7 grip from hkparts, and it’ll be all done!
Quite nice!!! :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
FarmerBrown, I agree, but I still love my MR762 very much and shoot her very often! However HK does need to make us a 6.5 CM! 20" hopefully!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello,

Here you are my MR308A3 G28 final custom setup:

- Vortex Razor II HD 4.5-27x56 34 mm EBR-2C MRAD
- Spuhr QDP-4616 Ø34 H38mm 6MIL QDP
- UHL trigger
- Klarig 3-Chamber Brake, reduces recoil, muzzle rise and flash signature
- Atlas bipod clone (to be replaced)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hello,

Here you are my MR308A3 G28 final custom setup:

- Vortex Razor II HD 4.5-27x56 34 mm EBR-2C MRAD
- Spuhr QDP-4616 Ø34 H38mm 6MIL QDP
- UHL trigger
- Klarig 3-Chamber Brake, reduces recoil, muzzle rise and flash signature
- Atlas bipod clone (to be replaced)

very nice setup...thanks for sharing!

·
HK Shooting Team
2,781 Posts
They held me up in customs and wouldn’t let me in with my old tech MR556 lower!!! ;) @AGG

·
Registered
1 Posts
For you guys who chopped your barrels to 13/12" what has been the issues in terms of reliability? Also who cut down the barrels, i heard Investment grade firearms are the go to for that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
For you guys who chopped your barrels to 13/12" what has been the issues in terms of reliability? Also who cut down the barrels, i heard Investment grade firearms are the go to for that kind of stuff.
Mine was cut down to 13”. I’ve had issues with cycling when shooting without a suppressor.

With the suppressor (be it full length or shorty version of the SureFire SOCOM762), I have had no issues at all with cycling.

I think one other HKPro member cut his down to 13” but lividly had no issues cycling when shooting without a suppressor.

FWIW, I shoot Black Hills 175gr SMK. Recently tested out Berger ammo (168 gr, 175 gr, 185 gr) and will likely test out the Black Hills 175gr TMK. Am hoping my gun likes the Berger because it supposedly has better BC.

Getting older... need to check my notes...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

Will be in Utah in a few weeks for some long distance shooting. Went to the local gun range to make sure my stuff is good to go.

Had spent more time with the MR762 Assaulter build. And sadly ignored the full length MR762 for some time. Hoping to rectify this ASAP.

If anybody is in the Utah area, please PM me. Would love to shoot long distance.

My priorities at the range were (a) align/set up the scope with the weighted line, (b) install the leveler properly and (c) zero the MR762.

Still need to futz with the kestrel. But it all starts with the muzzle velocity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I'm sharing everywhere...

I am posting here: a 416 upper on a 556 lower and 762 with a 12" 417 Barrel.

The Boys are finally united, both finally complete.

After 363 days my SF SOCOM762-RC2 finally got out of jail.

My other children are finally kitted out.

It has taken just about two and half years.:3000000:

Aren't they just beautiful?:810::3000000:

·
Banned
34,577 Posts
I'm sharing everywhere...

I am posting here: a 416 upper on a 556 lower and 762 with a 12" 417 Barrel.

The Boys are finally united, both finally complete.

After 363 days my SF SOCOM762-RC2 finally got out of jail.

My other children are finally kitted out.

It has taken just about two and half years.:3000000:

Aren't they just beautiful?:810::3000000:

They are absolutely gorgeous!!! :eek:

Tony

·
Registered
77 Posts
What cover did you get for your Socom762? My Socom762 just entered jail (along with Osprey) but I might as well be prepared for the glorious day that they are freed. :)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
What cover did you get for your Socom762? My Socom762 just entered jail (along with Osprey) but I might as well be prepared for the glorious day that they are freed. :)
I would suggest buying nomex cover. Don’t buy the silicon insert with cordura cover ( which is what I have). The silicon insert on my 416 upper has shrunk/melted some in front of the gas vent. Another member had one melt in half on him.

Go with nomex.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I would suggest buying nomex cover. Don’t buy the silicon insert with codura cover. The silicon insert on my 416 upper has shrunk/melted some in front of the gas vent. Another member had one melt in half on him.

Go with nomex.
What ^^^^ said. Armageddon stepped up to the plate a replaced mine, after it caught fire, while shooting ten(10) rounds, out of a ten round mag, semi auto only. They replaced mine with Nomex, and it wasn't even their product. So customer service!!!!!!! They have my business for life. I won't even mention the other company, whose product failed, and wouldn't return my emails....3 of them. This was on an MR556, with a HK416 10".4 upper....just keep all things HK
:wink: :biggrin:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I would suggest buying nomex cover. Don’t buy the silicon insert with codura cover. The silicon insert on my 416 upper has shrunk/melted some in front of the gas vent. Another member had one melt in half on him.

Go with nomex.
And BTW....Congrats!!!! They look AWESOME!!!!

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Finished G28 project!

Got the scope in last month, shot it already and it’s lived up to my hopes. Took some liberties with my personal foam design/layout that I had cut. Was able to snag an OEM Peli 1770 from Germany to put it all in. My first dive into the HK world, but I now understand the addiction. Very enjoyable 8 months putting all this together, this forum has been a tremendous resource!

Alex

Attachments

1421 - 1440 of 1618 Posts