HKPRO Forums banner

Club 762 (MR762/MR308 photo gallery)

861K views 2K replies 343 participants last post by  Tooth19 
#1 · (Edited)
Figured I start an MR762 owner's picture/sound-off thread. Let's call it "Club 762" hehehe. Maybe we can get challenge coins made too, lol.

Mine arrived while I was in Ashburn. Flew home tonight, walked in the door--big hug for the Mrs, big hug for the kids, HUGE hug to my new MR762 :biggrin:
Yeah, I'm giddish over it.

Ok, here she is, #860. Almost done (see below). I added a Knight's VFG which will come in handy once I mount a red-dot, although weight might lead me down another path.

The tilting Harris bi-pod and mount came from HKParts.net. They have a good price for the pod and three different options for the mount.

Burris was kind enough to source me a P.E.P.R. QD mount. I tested its return-to-zero with a bore laser at 50-yards and it was on the money. At 100, the laser was pretty weak so it was tough to tell, but it seemed right there. It give a 1" rise which places the optic a little high for my preference of cheek-weld as the mount was designed with a "see-through" for low mounted iron sights. I'll probably step it down to a pair of 3/4" high rings but for now, I'll give the P.E.P.R. a test drive. Ideally, I would drop the optic down to a 40mm objective lens with 1/2" tall rings.

The optic is nothing fancy; Millet TRS-1 4-16x50 w/ illuminated mil-dot. The range I shoot at gave me a smokin' deal on it. It got really good reviews for the price point so I figured why not for starters. It's clear so far up to about 200 yards and holds a zero after zooming in and out about a dozen times. I haven't had a chance to point it anything farther away yet so the 300+ yard clarity is unknown. The turrets are really high which kills my idea of a red-dot atop the rings. But as I said, at some point I'll replace it with something that doesn't take up as much realesate.

Still trying to figure out which grip to use. Ergo makes a decent PSG-1 style tactical grip. I am supposed to be receiving a sample to demo but I haven't seen it yet. The HK-logo'd Nill grip (as seen at SHOT and in their catalog) is REALLY nice and comes with a complimentary $400+ price tag.

No muzzle brake as of yet. I'm waiting on an AAC Blackout Brake which I will re-tap to 15x1 and bore out for 7.62 as long as their engineering department doesn't tell me it will kill its affectiveness.

Anyhow, here she is...

(click to enlarge)
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Shooting
Gun Firearm Airsoft Shooting Airsoft gun
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun
Optical instrument Camera accessory Video camera Cameras & optics Lens

See less See more
#941 ·
Why two red dots? The odds a S&B and T2 go down at the same time are close enough to say never going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapastalk.

#945 ·
Two red dots was just for fun. I had a extra Docter sight 3. The weight is way too much anyway. I was going to do the g28 thing (I love the look) but don't know now. Others have already did it right and I have spent way too much. I messed up already with the ultra short 5x20 and t2 but its awesome and I want to put nv up front (more room)

#947 ·
You can't mess up with an ultra short. Not possible. What clip on for NV are you looking at?

#949 ·
It does.

The KAC systems are nice. Very costly though. I had an CNVD-LR and now have a MUNS. It changes everything and it's fun to ring steel in the middle of the night.

#951 ·
Went to the range today. FGMM 175gr SMK's.

140 yards:

240 yards

It seems to have accuracy issues........:rolleyes:

#960 ·
You can also order direct from ERA-TAC. That's what I plan to do for my 762 SBR to mount my SB PMII 1-8 CC Short Dot. They will also cerekote for you (3 colors from which to choose). I couldn't find the mount with QD attachment anywhere in the States so I contacted them directly about it. I plan to order it when I get some issues out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk