HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After cleaning up my new to me VP9 I noticed that the coating on the rear sight is coming off. Does anyone know if its bare metal and will rust over time :(

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fantastic, that I have and loving every minute off it :)

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
OP, not trying to be rude or a smart ars, but after looking at your pic several times..... are you sure the finish is coming off, or could this be transfer or fouling?

and if it is the finish coming off, I agree with Austin1776.... although I'm sure HK CS would likely take care of you if you chose to go that route...

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Strange. I haven't seen that before. As stated just a cosmetic issue but if the coating is in fact coming off I would probably check with hk. Or find out what the previous owner cleaned it with.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OP, not trying to be rude or a smart ars, but after looking at your pic several times..... are you sure the finish is coming off, or could this be transfer or fouling?

and if it is the finish coming off, I agree with Austin1776.... although I'm sure HK CS would likely take care of you if you chose to go that route...

Here is another picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Strange. I haven't seen that before. As stated just a cosmetic issue but if the coating is in fact coming off I would probably check with hk. Or find out what the previous owner cleaned it with.
I purchased the gun from Gander Mtn., only got gun and one magazine. I have no way off knowing who the PO was.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
It's the bluing wearing off. I would purchase a bluing pen and run a few passes over it, wait a few seconds, then wipe it off.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wouldn't worry about it. My VP9 tactical sights look like they got sanded off on the edges to bare metal lol. Someone was having a bad day.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
It's the bluing wearing off. I would purchase a bluing pen and run a few passes over it, wait a few seconds, then wipe it off.
^^^^^^ This!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts

This should work pretty well. I use one for pin welds and it holds up just as good as the factory finish. You can get the pins at Gander Mt. for around 7 bucks I think.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been amazed by HK customer service, i sent an email explaining my problem and got a reply almost immediately requesting information for them to send me a shipping label to send my slide to have the sights replaced :)

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I have been amazed by HK customer service, i sent an email explaining my problem and got a reply almost immediately requesting information for them to send me a shipping label to send my slide to have the sights replaced :)
There you go! If the pistol is holstered, shot, or handled the Bluing on the sights will wear through again sooner or later.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts