HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a new PTR 91F from CDNN and I currently also have a Vector 93. I would like to switch out the cocking handle on the PTR to the large rubberized version found on the Vector 93. It fits my larger hands better and is easier to manipulate for me. At first I thought the cocking handle was a standard rubberized version of the G3 cocking handle. On closer inspection I see that the Vector version is larger. I have seen two other styles of cocking handles advertised on the internet. A MSG90 and a HK21/23E version. When I compared the Vector cocking handle to these versions they don't seem to match up. My question is what does Vector use, is there a 3rd version of this cocking handle, and where do I find the one I want? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question specifically, but I'll bet Vector might sell you one of their cocking handles?

BTW, how do you compare your PTR to your Vector? You think one is better than the other, and if so, why?

Thanks.

·
Registered
886 Posts
robertrtg.com has a rubberized version, there is also another individual that has the larger HK-21 style here on the HKpro board.

Bill

·
Registered
872 Posts
HK21 Handle

I have purchased (2) from JFK and can say that they are 2nd to none. This gentlemen makes a great part.

I can say nothing but good things about JFK

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:28: Thank you all for the advice. I think I will call Vector tomorrow and start the search there. As for the question of which rifle I prefer the Vector or the PTR, I don't know yet. I have yet to shoot the PTR. I can say this, with the exception of the thick, target barrel on the PTR, they look look like mirror images of each other. The fit and finish of both rifles is flawless. One can see and feel the quality of these two rifles. I don't know for sure, but I would postulate that they use the same finish and perhaps the same parts manufacture. It is known, that PTR supplies recievers for Vector's HK51 clones. I would highly recommend either brand to potential buyers, especially young guys like myself who were 8 years old when HK rifles stop coming into the country. I wish many more years of success for Vector and PTR. Now, if we can only get a HK G41 clone....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called Vector today and inquired about the cocking handle. They informed me that the version they use is not the HK MSG90 handle, rubberized G3 handle, or the HK 21/23E cocking handle, but their own design. Their version goes by the nomenclature V51. Cost plus shipping and handling is around $20I hope this info can be of use to others.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Jackman8

You have asked who is JFK, He is a long time member on this site. Who is extremely knowledgeable concerning HK weapons systems. Look in the Members section to locate, he also makes US parts for MSG90 & PSG1-A1 weapons. Hope this helps.

P.S. His parts are priced to low in my eyes, there made to a highly high standard. Yes I have purchased many parts from him and will continue to buy with confidence.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
You have asked who is JFK, He is a long time member on this site. Who is extremely knowledgeable concerning HK weapons systems. Look in the Members section to locate, he also makes US parts for MSG90 & PSG1-A1 weapons. Hope this helps.

P.S. His parts are priced to low in my eyes, there made to a highly high standard. Yes I have purchased many parts from him and will continue to buy with confidence.

Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence 11C ABN. I still enjoy making parts/pieces as a hobby or a way for extra gas/lunch money. If I had to do it for a living, I'd probably hate it, too much pressure to market and sell to stay alive, plus I make more money at my day job with good benefits.

I know there are alot of smiths/builders who do this for a living and some of my how to do it posts may not be good for their business, sorry about. The big myth about sending off an HK for work is to expect at least a year to get it back. Sorry, I cannot wait a year. That's why I do all of my own work now (accessories/parts only).

I hear some builders like to work in batches and wait until they get enough guns piled up before moving to the next stage. This would drive me crazy. I like to stay busy with several different projects (I hate cookie cutting). Maybe when I retire, I'll get into this as a way to stay busy and not die of boredom.

I originally started out doing this as a way to learn how my guns worked and to maintain them. Unfortunately I was the kid who took $#!t apart to try and figure out how things worked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts