HKPRO Forums banner

Cocking Tube, HK34?

1924 10
Does any one have experience making one of these? I have pestered a few of the vendor/builders here to see if any of them had a spare they would be willing to sell me. No luck. Hkparts has a listing but they are out of stock and I don't know how long ago they had them or if this type of build is still popular. Being from Ca with no possibility of an sbr this type of build makes sense to me. So the next step is to make one. The questions I have are:

Are they all the same diameter between the different calibers, could I splice a 9mm with a 5.56 or 7.62 to get the length I need?

Does the support piece stop against the inside of the tube?

What is the OAL of a 93 tube?

I will probably have more questions but this is a start.

Thanks for looking!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link, I did order that piece of tube in the link. The support I'm talking about is the piece that the charging handle attaches to that rides inside the tube.

FYI HK never made these.
I know but I'm in Ca and we'll never get to sbr anything. I think a little extra sight radius would be a little more practical than a fake suppressor, especially with aging eyes.

Thanks

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help I got the stuff on the way from HK Parts. We'll see how it goes. 250mm, they give you a 12" piece. You could actually make a complete one from that also taking into account the part that fit into the receiver.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 34 tubes are back in stock and thats what I used. I now have the bulk tube, mp5tube and G3 end for the parts bin. I was running out of time and would still need to find someone to weld it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.