HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone else has had issues with their barrels being out of spec. I SBR'd my Coharie years ago. The flash suppressor I bought didn't slip on easily so I didn't force it due to not really liking the look of it if it was in place. I now have a Rugged Obsidian sitting in jail and while preparing for its purchase, attempted to attach the 3 lug adaptor. It wouldn't go on either. Haven't mic'd the barrel yet as I'm not sure if specs. S# ahc040'ish is lower production, if I'm not mistaken. Need options here cause the Obsidian was purchased mainly for this SBR.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The paint on my k gun was really thick, enough that the 3 lug adapter wouldn't go on. I've also seen barrels out of spec though, so it could be that as well.

Paint removal is cheaper and easier than having a smith try and spec up your barrel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A lot of the Special Weapons and Coharie 3 lugs are out of spec. The squared off AAC 3 lug mount works with mine but any true three lug mount that is rounded like Griffin, Silencerco, Gemtech or Rugged won't fit.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
3 lug assessories never fit on any of my Special Weapons barrels (when I had them).

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I have two Coharie MP5 variants in 9mm & 10mm with 3-lugs. No problem with a Gemtech Raptor 40 or the SWR Omega cans properly attaching.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
You may have to remove some finish or dremel the edges. This was one of the very first SW/MP5FS. The hole in the lug is from the pin that held on the fake silencer.

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
I have a gun that would jam because of the barrel being out of spec. Sent it to Jeff and a new RCM barrel. Runs about 99% of the time now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts