HKPRO Forums banner

Coharie CA89 9mm Pistol (HK89 Clone)

29741 Views 51 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Gator
I got a CA89, it looks great! This one has the real HK SEF Navy lower by the way, looks great. It has 3 lug barrel underneath. One thing I'm wondering is for those who's shot their CA89, does the muzzle blast damage the plastic shroud? I'm wondering if it would be good to cut down the shroud (since it's not original HK anyway) so to expose the 3 lug barrel muzzle.

By the way, I've heard that this version as referred to as CA89K, while CA89 is the pistol version of HK94. For this one, it is labeled CA89, which I believe it's how it should since it's a CA clone to HK89.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
Yes, but they (Coharie) calls theirs a CA89. Never understood that.
When I do a search on Gunbroker for CA89 I get this:

Which is an SBR. Now there is a CA94K (which I like) but it is an AOW:

Anyone have a source for the pistol? What is the process for an AOW? Is it less painful than a SBR application? I just did an SBR and it is a pain in the a$$ in my area.

Thanks!

· Registered
202 Posts
SOT=Special Occupation Taxpayer.

You need to have a manufacturer make an AOW for you. I paid $50 for a manufacturer to 'make' an AOW out of my CA98K. The gun transferred to me on a Form 4 with a $5 tax. You have to get the fingerprints and sign-off from the sheriff or whoever in your locality, though.

Jake
Thank you. You paid $50 to have someone install a vertical grip to turn it into an AOW?

If I ever have money I think I'll just go the SBR Form 1 route and put a folding buttstock and vertical grip on it myself to emulate the MP5K-PDW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.