HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have really been wanting to pick up an MP5 clone ever since I shot a friend's H&K MP5. So, I was looking at buying a Coharie CA89 pistol, to eventually register as an SBR. I was wondering if Coharie was still in business and if this particular model was still available. Also, where can I order one and what is the going rate for one? I am a college student, so my money is very limited. I would like to keep this purchase around $1200 or less (I have about $500 - $600 already saved). I am also currently seeking a second part time job, to help fund this project, since my current part time job is only giving me about 25 - 27 hours / week. My goal is to have secured the finances to purchase one of these by the start of the Fall (August) Semester. Anyway, if anyone has any info on this pistol, or has experience with it, then please feel free to post.

Thank you,
Thomas

·
Banned
599 Posts
they sell now clones under the name of bellator firearms or something to that sound juss google cant miss I believe atlantic firearms is a seller also

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
From a budget standpoint, Your best bet will likely to buy a barreled upper from BMP ($650), complete RCM bolt group from HKParts ($500) and a semi trigger pack and furniture from RobertRTG ($300).

You will have a good functional clone for around $1,400 with proven quality internals.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Thomas,
Coharie is no longer producing complete weapons. Black market Parts is selling parts in which you can assemble your own firearm, as Will explained above. I am also launching my own line of hk clones. I will PM you the price sheet. Any questions, please don't hesitate.
Dj

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
From a budget standpoint, Your best bet will likely to buy a barreled upper from BMP ($650), complete RCM bolt group from HKParts ($500) and a semi trigger pack and furniture from RobertRTG ($300).
You could do it a bit cheaper, get a surplus pack from CTD or elsewhere ($70 or so) and have GB or Bill Springfield convert it and C/P.

Since you are gonna SBR it later, wait for later and pick up a Choate or something, by then you will certainly have the coin.

Be patient on Sturm and you might find a genuine HK BCG for $400-500. I saw one on the Parts section here recently for about $400...

YMMV.

(OF course Dave / DJF will do you right if you go that route.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dealt with them extensively. Typically an HK ejector lever and extractor spring solved any jamming issues. If you register it as an SBR, replacing the entire bolt group and trigger pack with HK originals gives you the best possible firearm, every bit the equal of the MP5 for daily shooting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts