HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Why they’ve different type of selector on each side? I found it very odd and haven’t seen longer (left side) selector from HK.
Are they using HK made lower or is it made by Coharie?

·
Registered
242 Posts
The lowers(housing and selectors) on the Coharies are not factory. They are made by/for Coharie. I do believe that there is such thing as an original HK extended leftside lever. It's refered to as the ESSL. HK vendors have them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've got the exact same thing, two different selector levers. Thanks for asking this question.

coolhand, are your selectors a bit wobbly or loose? Mine are incredibly wobbly.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve seen people using shim to tighten up the selectors.
I haven’t received mine yet it’s still on waiting list.
How’s the overall quality & finish of your Coharie?
Could you post some pix?

·
Registered
100 Posts
coolhand, mine is actually pretty nice. There were some smudges and other marks that came right off during my first cleaning. Sorry, I don't have any pics.

The paint looks pretty good in my opinion, a lot better than some of the earlier ones where the paint was so thick you couldn't make out some of the lettering.

I shot 3 types of FMJ through it, about 250 rds total, and it worked perfectly. It's not much fun to shoot as a pistol, so I'm waiting for my Form 1 to be approved.

I have only two minor gripes: My SWR Trident 9 wouldn't fit at first, as the 3-lug adapter would hit the front sight post (the adapter's circumference was too wide), but I've got that working now. The second gripe is the wobbly selector knobs. They work fine, but they definitely feel "cheap".

Overall, I think it was a good buy.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My selectors are the same and also wobbly. I figured the left selector is long for ease of use(right handed) and the right selector is short to stay out of the way of right handers hand/index finger.

Cant wait to get mine back after a rework. I will post pics when it does.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your review, Gendiato & Ninjamaster!
Wow! I'm just about to purchase SWR Trident 9 or Gemtech MK-9K.
I'm leaning toward to SWR Trident becasue I could use it on my handgun & it's slimmer than MK-9K.
How's the noise suppression & blowback? are they really quite compare to MP5-SD?
thanks!

·
Registered
364 Posts
To fix the wobbly selectors. Remove the selectors from the housing by turning the long side straight vertical and wiggle the short side loose. The long side is connected to the cam shaft with a small roll pin. I removed the roll pin and added a small lock washer. Tapped the pin back in and reinstalled the selector. Its tight and works great. I was glad I could fix it so easy, cause I was pissed about that half ass selector switch.......................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts