HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of work or amount of money would I need to invest to get a factory coharie C89k pdw to function properly or is it gtg from the factory? I don't want to spend a fortune if it's not worth it

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Most of the time the only items you may need to replace will be the bolt head and ejector lever. Some have needed more work. That said, both my Coharie 89 and 89k worked great in semi and full auto with all stock internals.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
What kind of work or amount of money would I need to invest to get a factory coharie C89k pdw to function properly or is it gtg from the factory? I don't want to spend a fortune if it's not worth it
Highly random. Some work fine out of the box, others have needed nearly all the internals worked on/replaced.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Most of the time the only items you may need to replace will be the bolt head and ejector lever. Some have needed more work. That said, both my Coharie 89 and 89k worked great in semi and full auto with all stock internals.
Wise words. Bolt head is mostly the issue, if any. Also use HK Mags!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mine had FTE issues, I replaced the bolt head with a RCM and now its like a sewing machine.:)

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
A new bolt head made mine purr. Now he's got new bolt heads so they might run right out of the box.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
If it is local to you that you can test fire first is the best option.....I always had good luck with them. K's can be tempermental sometimes.
Dj

·
Registered
99 Posts
What he says... The CA89K (i have it now) runs great with HK mags, American Tactical mags... I did have the advantage of viewing a video before buying.

Not local thats why I have reservations, unless someone in Ohio has one to sell me?
Ask for a video... all they need is a smart phone and a helper. :62:

·
Registered
35 Posts
All mine needed was a new bolt head, Picked up a RCM one and has been great ever since. i also got a genuine recoil spring but that was more for personal feeling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts