HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SD suppressor looks like it is coming apart at the threaded end of the suppressor. Wanting to know if others that own one can look at theirs and compare it to mine to see if I have an issue. I don't ever remember it having the small gap so it has me curious. Always have maintained the gun and have maybe 7k rounds through her all in full auto. Thanks in advance.

That's the best picture I can get. I can see what looks like loctite

·
Registered
215 Posts
I can send you pics this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,422 Posts
I have a Coharie can too and that bottom screws off. I had to apply more red loctite to mine.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Coharie can too and that bottom screws off. I had to apply more red loctite to mine.
Did you remove the whole cap to re-apply or just add more loctite and screw it on?

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,422 Posts
Did you remove the whole cap to re-apply or just add more loctite and screw it on?
I removed the end cap with muzzle end pointed downward because I was told by Dave Getz that the baffles would come out if I I didn't do that. I then reapplied cleaned the threads on the end cap, applied red loctite to the threads, screwed it back on and let or set for 24 hours.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very good guys. Thanks for the advice and pictures too. Mine is definitely coming unscrewed so gotta take it apart and loctite it back up.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
No info about that particular suppressor, but I recommend using "RockSet" instead of red loctite. Rockset works very well and the part can be boiled in water for 5-10 minutes and it releases.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,422 Posts
No info about that particular suppressor, but I recommend using "RockSet" instead of red loctite. Rockset works very well and the part can be boiled in water for 5-10 minutes and it releases.
Well there you go... Didn't think you could boil rockset out. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
So I'm guessing this SD suppressor wasn't made to be taken apart and cleaned.
Most just take apart the muzzle end with a spanner.

OP- make sure you scrub that loctite out good, I reccomend using mineral spirits and a wire brush after most of its out, to make sure all the residue is gone. I too, would use Rocksett, instead of loctite.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
I never heard the boiling water part but I did use a variation on the theme on a stubborn flash hider. I used hot water (which quickly cooled) overnight to loosen the Rockset. In the morning the Rockset had literally melted and flowed out enough that I could get it loose. 10' sounds better to me.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sorry it took so long, I had to relearn how to post photo's. As you can see the can looks pretty "rough". That's the way it came from Coharie. FWIW it looks to me like you have a gap, where I do not. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts