HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to tell if a USP is a real color frame and not a fake? Maybe serial Numbers? Also, did HK ever make any factory ported usp's? Thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'm not the expert here, but i do not think they made any factory ported USP's (or pistols for that matter). Please, forum, correct me if i am wrong.
As for the colored USP's, I'd love to know too. I think I'm in the market for one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a OD usp, and tan usp tactical, but I saw a usp at a show this weekend that look fake. It was od but the color looked very flat, but I know of no real way of telling.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hk did not make any ported USPs but some have had them ported by aftermarket shops. Close as they got was a compensator that attached onto the rails. I would assume that if you call Hk they maybe able to tell you if it is original by the ser#.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
With just a very few exceptions they are all ''AE'' date code.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I have spoke to HK several times reference serial numbers for the colored frames. They do not have a list of which frames were colored. If you suspect it to be aftermarket colored such as dura-coat compare it to the actual pictures here on the forum. I have all the colored frame HK's and have pics of them all pasted in other threads. If you see a 9mm USP with a colored frame as I did a few months back know for sure it is a fake. HK never made a 9mm colored frame offered to the public.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
arent the real ones solid color through and through the frame? if so look up the magwell for color ? I would think the paint in the magwell could wear off ?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Good point. it would be through and through.. not just a paint job. that could wear off. I'd much prefer to buy one form my local gun shop or a reputable member on here rather than go the Gun Broker route. I'm very skeptical of buying rare stuff on the internet.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Never really got into the "Colored Frames" but to each is their own.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wish I had purchased the USP Tan Custom Combat back in 2007 instead of the Compact 45... I regret it.

·
Banned
188 Posts
I like OD green with black grip tape on USP's, but I prefer all black.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Good point. it would be through and through.. not just a paint job. that could wear off. I'd much prefer to buy one form my local gun shop or a reputable member on here rather than go the Gun Broker route. I'm very skeptical of buying rare stuff on the internet.
gunbroker.... make sure the seller has excellent feedback. ask them lots of questions? is it real ? is it "painted", is there any wear on the frame where black show through. I have only purchased on GB once but got a reall deal on a SS slide USPc.

anyways I searched GB and didnt see any colored frames listed ?

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Color USP's show up here in the For Sale forum all the time, usually very reasonable prices too

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.