HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted the more, aesthetically, appealing look of the Custom Combats, so I put some skins on my babies. These are the rubberized GDPs, a bit thicker than the sand version, so I had to use my Ranger coin to roll down the grip panels with nice results. Later, I decided to use some of the left overs to make a pinkie gripper. Still having more left overs, I decided to use the punched out sections on the sides of some elephant foot baseplates (last 2 pics). Have any of you done different things with your left over GDPs or skateboard tape?

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Those USP's look great, joe...Nice job!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas, it's not any fancy custom work, but the adds serve a functional purpose.

Looks sweet man, now if we could only get a gray one for me....!
HKHardtime, I promise you, I'm trying to find you a grey USP, I'm wanting a tan or green USPc or Tactical next. :wink:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Do the pre-cut panels have a more durable adhesive on them than Skateboard Grip Tape? We used the latter on a SIG and it didn't hold up well...thinking of doing this to my USPf .40 and don't wanna get burned....

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
DecalGrips stick very well when the surface is cleaned right first. I always clean well with a damp rag, dry well, and clean after that with rubbing alchohol ... be very careful not to touch the grip surface once its clean, immediately apply the DecalGrip, firmly pressing the entire panel into place.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Your USP's look really nice and I like the idea of using the left over grip panel for adding more grip areas.

·
Registered
854 Posts
DecalGrips stick very well when the surface is cleaned right first. I always clean well with a damp rag, dry well, and clean after that with rubbing alchohol ... be very careful not to touch the grip surface once its clean, immediately apply the DecalGrip, firmly pressing the entire panel into place.
Thanks for this...however I have been working with 3M Vinyl for a long time...we did all this and the griptape didn't stick well....maybe the SIG just rejected it like a donor organ lol

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is what I did and then used my challenge coin to roll the grip panel down. These are the thicker rubberized panels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts