HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seeing who all has one, and if you do how do you like it? Id love to grab 1 for the collection, but as far as shooting goes would I be better getting an usp and then modding in the match trigger, sights etc.?

Basically I guess what im asking is, will a std usp with the upgrades shoot just as well as a out of box combat competition will?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Unless you are exceedingly skilled, the standard USP will shoot more accurately than you can. It does for me. But you'll enjoy the CC anyway, if you can find one.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
will a std usp with the upgrades shoot just as well as a out of box combat competition will?
IMHO yes.

It's cheaper if you build one on a police trade in LEM pistol if you can find one cheap and shoots just as well as one with Combat Competition on the box. A true collector will want it to be marked on the box as such but as far as I can tell that sticker is the only way to tell the difference from a factory CC and a clone that's built correctly.

·
Registered
130 Posts
IMHO yes.

It's cheaper if you build one on a police trade in LEM pistol if you can find one cheap and shoots just as well as one with Combat Competition on the box. A true collector will want it to be marked on the box as such but as far as I can tell that sticker is the only way to tell the difference from a factory CC and a clone that's built correctly.
+1 Lem trade is the way to go. I found a good deal on an early USP & ended up sending To HK for the CC treatment & overhaul.:41:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I've got one (actually two), and LOVE them! One in 9 and one in 40 - the hybrid LEM trigger is a work of art, a thing of beauty, an engineering masterpiece.

No reason not to build one - have fun and happy shooting!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1 Lem trade is the way to go. I found a good deal on an early USP & ended up sending To HK for the CC treatment & overhaul.:41:
If you dont mind, what did that entail/cost?

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you dont mind, what did that entail/cost?
I had the parts from the LEM & match kit prior to sending to HK. I did not have a few parts needed to convert the old style catch to the new style. I Just called the HK customer service number, had a RMA generated & shipped it to them. Shipping was about 70 to overnight. It went out on a Tuesday & came back two days later,on Thursday. I was very pleased with the quick turnaround & prompt service. IIRC it cost around $100 for the trigger work,additional parts & return shipping. I also had some non warranty issues repaired at the same time , hard to factor exact cost for the trigger job.
Trigger now breaks @4.0lbs
I now want a .40 to have both..

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome man, think thats gonna be the next hk, a full size 45 usp. It just so happens columbus is a little over an hour away, I wonder if they'd let me drop it off?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Awesome man, think thats gonna be the next hk, a full size 45 usp. It just so happens columbus is a little over an hour away, I wonder if they'd let me drop it off?
Nope.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
thats rediculous, so basically if I have issues with my p30, I have to pay shipping for no reason?
Don't shoot the messenger. I didn't write the policy.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Frustration not meant to be directed at you sir, lol

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I've had a CC clone, AND the real thing, and I couldn't shoot either one any better than the other...
As Terry already mentioned, build your own, as it *CAN* be much cheaper that way. :wink:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I love mine, I have ten magazines for it and shoot it all the time. Most people that try this pistol say it has the "best HK trigger they have ever felt"

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
That's because it DOES have the best HK trigger they've ever felt. :wink:
I think I was up to 16 mags with my last C.C. IIRC...?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I love this forum! What a coincidence... I just picked up my USP today and last week I recieved all the stuff to make it a combat competion. I'm going to install everything tommorow.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts