HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing who all has one, and if you do how do you like it? Id love to grab 1 for the collection, but as far as shooting goes would I be better getting an usp and then modding in the match trigger, sights etc.?

Basically I guess what im asking is, will a std usp with the upgrades shoot just as well as a out of box combat competition will?

· Registered
1,883 Posts
will a std usp with the upgrades shoot just as well as a out of box combat competition will?
IMHO yes.

It's cheaper if you build one on a police trade in LEM pistol if you can find one cheap and shoots just as well as one with Combat Competition on the box. A true collector will want it to be marked on the box as such but as far as I can tell that sticker is the only way to tell the difference from a factory CC and a clone that's built correctly.

· Registered
119 Posts
IMHO yes.

It's cheaper if you build one on a police trade in LEM pistol if you can find one cheap and shoots just as well as one with Combat Competition on the box. A true collector will want it to be marked on the box as such but as far as I can tell that sticker is the only way to tell the difference from a factory CC and a clone that's built correctly.
+1 Lem trade is the way to go. I found a good deal on an early USP & ended up sending To HK for the CC treatment & overhaul.:41:

· Registered
2,199 Posts
I've got one (actually two), and LOVE them! One in 9 and one in 40 - the hybrid LEM trigger is a work of art, a thing of beauty, an engineering masterpiece.

No reason not to build one - have fun and happy shooting!

· Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+1 Lem trade is the way to go. I found a good deal on an early USP & ended up sending To HK for the CC treatment & overhaul.:41:
If you dont mind, what did that entail/cost?

· Registered
119 Posts
If you dont mind, what did that entail/cost?
I had the parts from the LEM & match kit prior to sending to HK. I did not have a few parts needed to convert the old style catch to the new style. I Just called the HK customer service number, had a RMA generated & shipped it to them. Shipping was about 70 to overnight. It went out on a Tuesday & came back two days later,on Thursday. I was very pleased with the quick turnaround & prompt service. IIRC it cost around $100 for the trigger work,additional parts & return shipping. I also had some non warranty issues repaired at the same time , hard to factor exact cost for the trigger job.
Trigger now breaks @4.0lbs
I now want a .40 to have both..

· Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome man, think thats gonna be the next hk, a full size 45 usp. It just so happens columbus is a little over an hour away, I wonder if they'd let me drop it off?

· Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Frustration not meant to be directed at you sir, lol

· Registered
4,037 Posts
I've had a CC clone, AND the real thing, and I couldn't shoot either one any better than the other...
As Terry already mentioned, build your own, as it *CAN* be much cheaper that way. :wink:

· Registered
4,037 Posts
That's because it DOES have the best HK trigger they've ever felt. :wink:
I think I was up to 16 mags with my last C.C. IIRC...?

· Registered
199 Posts
I love this forum! What a coincidence... I just picked up my USP today and last week I recieved all the stuff to make it a combat competion. I'm going to install everything tommorow.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.