HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Todd's got 14 spots left open for sears. I know it's hearsay at this point, but I've spoken with 3 other people now that say this deal is 100% legit, and is 90% likely to go through. I'm down for one, and the others I'd talked to have 4 between the 3 of them.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=96054

Come on, you know you want another sear!

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He'll i'd be down for 2 if I had 50 grand laying around :(
2 would "only" be 25 grand.

Just check the couch, do some of your own laundry, and look under the seats in your car. I bet you can scrape together $12,500 somewhere. :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
2 would "only" be 25 grand.

Just check the couch, do some of your own laundry, and look under the seats in your car. I bet you can scrape together $12,500 somewhere. :)
yeah but if I'm going to drop 25 grand on 2 rifles I want 25 left over for a new car :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'd rather pay $13.5K or so for a Fleming or Qualified.

That way, you get a sear with higher demand and don't have to deal with all the jack leg monkey business.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I think what he means is why wait around for a deal that might not go through when you can buy a sear outright for not much more money. I have seen Fleming sears cheap as $13000.00 recently that demand a higher resale price than S&H sears. What if 50 people speak up for the sears then a few back out at the last moment , does that mean no sear for the others? I think this is not the best time to try to dump 50 sears because there are so many on the market recently.

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
BOOM

What do you mean by jack leg monkey business??? I'm curious.

Kattman from Michigan
They are selling them this way because they know if they tried to sell them most any other way, all those sears would flood the market and depress prices for many months. They could sell the first ten sears at $12.5K (maybe), then for the next ten they would have to cut the price to around $12.25K, next ten $12K, and so on.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd rather pay $13.5K or so for a Fleming or Qualified.

That way, you get a sear with higher demand and don't have to deal with all the jack leg monkey business.
Unless jack leg money business is a euphemism for something else, these are S&H sears, not those all-in-one sear and trip levers.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Unless jack leg money business is a euphemism for something else, these are S&H sears, not those all-in-one sear and trip levers.
Jack leg monkey business: "I've got fifty sears to sell...I think...maybe...if I get permission...I want solid buyers but no money down...if all conditions aren't met the whole deal falls through."

So, what happens when 50 people say they'll take one and it's time to send in money. Only 30 people send in money. Now what? How long will it take to sort out while ORF sits on your $12.5K?

Just pick up a Fleming or Qualified pack for $13K or so and be done with it. They are more desireable than the S&H ones anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Jack leg monkey business: "I've got fifty sears to sell...I think...maybe...if I get permission...I want solid buyers but no money down...if all conditions aren't met the whole deal falls through."

So, what happens when 50 people say they'll take one and it's time to send in money. Only 30 people send in money. Now what? How long will it take to sort out while ORF sits on your $12.5K?

Just pick up a Fleming or Qualified pack for $13K or so and be done with it. They are more desireable than the S&H ones anyway.
Ok, I see your concern. That's my only concern as well - that the sears won't ship until all 50 have been paid for. If that's the case, I will not be sending in any money, and that will be discussed before any funds are sent.

But I also know a lot of you have personal issues with Todd at ORF, but I also know people I trust implicitly that know him a lot better than I do, that are fairly certain this is a legit deal. Hopefully it won't be long now, and we'll know for sure.

There is one thing that gives me some comfort - if someone tried to set up a fraudulent deal for $625,000, especially for machine gun sears, I'm reasonably confident that would draw a LOT of unwanted FBI attention for the seller.

·
Registered
152 Posts
There's no way the deal will ever work out. He could be down to 0 left and 90% the people on his list aren't going to have 12,500. Many of the e-mail subject titles Todd will receive will probaly look something like this:

-Dude, I had the cash earlier but my car just broke down....
-My kid got sick and...
-I had some unexpected bills and....
-My wife/girlfriend said it isn’t gonna happen...
-Sorry, but I was wasted when I reserved 3 sears, have no money and my car broke down on the way to the hospital but would it still be possible to put a sear on lay-a-way?
-I'm not 21 yet, is that OK?
-What the hell is a CLEO?

PBR

·
Registered
280 Posts
They are selling them this way because they know if they tried to sell them most any other way, all those sears would flood the market and depress prices for many months. They could sell the first ten sears at $12.5K (maybe), then for the next ten they would have to cut the price to around $12.25K, next ten $12K, and so on.
Soooooooo, it would actually be in our best interests to NOT get in on this "buy", right? ;)

And don't think I haven't seriously thought about dipping into my retirement accounts to afford one of these. (Because short of winning the lottery that is the only way I'd ever be able to afford a registered sear.)

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
Soooooooo, it would actually be in our best interests to NOT get in on this "buy", right? ;)

And don't think I haven't seriously thought about dipping into my retirement accounts to afford one of these. (Because short of winning the lottery that is the only way I'd ever be able to afford a registered sear.)

For what my opinion is worth :confused: IF this deal goes through, 50 sears will enter the market (sold) at one time. I see a whole bunch of demand soaked up at one time. Many, many buyers will then be gone (because they bought one or more of these 50 sears). Anyone selling a sear will have a hard time finding a buyer, especially if they have an S&H sear. Sellers of all types of sears will have to drop their price. It will take many months for the demand to harden back up. It will be a buyers market for awhile.

Then again, I could be wrong. :D

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For what my opinion is worth :confused: IF this deal goes through, 50 sears will enter the market (sold) at one time. I see a whole bunch of demand soaked up at one time. Many, many buyers will then be gone (because they bought one or more of these 50 sears). Anyone selling a sear will have a hard time finding a buyer, especially if they have an S&H sear. Sellers of all types of sears will have to drop their price. It will take many months for the demand to harden back up. It will be a buyers market for awhile.

Then again, I could be wrong. :D
Ok, I see what you mean now. It could play out like that, it all depends on how many actual likely sear buyers are out there. My feelings are that there are lot more than just 50 people out there that would like to get a sear, and once these are gone (if they ever go), they will be back to looking at $14,000 sears. Now if these were trickled out one at a time at $12,500, I think it would be more likely to have a price lowering effect on the rest of the ones for sale. Either that, or the people that want $14,000 for theirs will just hold on to them for a while longer. But all in one lump like this - I can also see how it will have almost no effect. What the final effect will be is all dependent on how many people are likely buyers. If there are just 50 likely buyers, then yes, it may soften the market for a while. But if there will still be hundreds or even thousands of people that would like to buy a sear, these 50 will have little effect on the going price.

But hey, if I can get one here for 10% under going market value, and it pushes the whole market down afterwards, maybe somebody will panic like Black Tuesday on Wall Street, and we'll be back down to $1,000 sears. Huh? What? Oh, sorry. Dozed off there for a while. But wow, what a dream I was having! I'd be thrilled if these pushed down the whole market for while. You can be sure it will just go right back up in a year or less.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can't see that $12,500 for an S&H sear is any bargain. I agree with Boomfab and PBR, I'd rather have a Fleming or Qualified Mfg sear for a little more $.
From what I see of this ad, I think it will fall thru and never happen. Too many people aren't good for the money.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts