HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the LGS the other day and saw a USP (FS) 9mm. Of course, I had to handle it a little and really liked it. I thought it might be heavier being the full size but found it balanced quite well. I'm considering strong taking my XSE Commander out there Friday when I go to the range and see if we can work up a deal without being eaten for lunch. You know how trades are at the gun shop. I figure we might just about break even since the Commander is only about 4 months old. What do you think?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't do it. If you want to convert you Commander to a USP, try a private sale first, you will make out much better. This is just my opinion.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got it for sale in our "Value Ad's" at work and have received several calls but you know how that goes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd do it. I love 1911s, but I LOVE USPs. Good luck with that decision... it's a tough one. FWIW I traded my Kimber Warrior for a nib USPc 9mm (I made out good on my trade though, also got some store credit- friend of the family's shop). I'd do it again too.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I say go for it. I had a Colt Commander and just could not warm up to it. Dont get me wrong, I love the 1911 but prefer the full size government model. So I put it in the classifieds for trade and ended up trading for a LNIB HK P30L 9mm and have never looked back..

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Ironically, I traded my STI Ranger III for a LNIB HK P30LS LEM.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
If you know them and even come around a even trade i would do that yesterday...any USP shoot's great. The USP9mm i had i Regret and will get another one...i just like to get thing's over with as soon as i can.

I trade at time's at LGS's and do pretty good, since HK's even used one's most just sit in the case at the LGS's around here. I would do it today and Have a Great week-end shooting your USP...i spent 3.5 hrs at my Dr. yesterday Life is too short..get that USP and enjoy. :wink:

·
Registered
257 Posts
lets see here, a crappy, poor quality made in amurika jammomatic for a USP? its a no brainer , get the usp...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Colt's and HK's are my 2 loves I could not bring myself to trade a Commander for a USP but the first pistol I ever bought was a 70 Series Nickle Commander. The USP is a great gun but you should sell you Colt out right and find a nice used USP and you will have extra money in your pocket in the end.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had it not given me problems with feeding and the one I hate the most-FTRTB issues, I probably wouldn't have considered it. I've expended too much time and ammo testing it after doing this and that and it's still not where it should to be for a pistol that's been made 100 years. If most Glocks, S&W 3rd Gen models, and HK's can do it, Colt of all people should. I've had two calls and half a dozen emails inquiring about it and they've seen pictures. Why does some people sound interested and then you never hear back from them is beyond me. Well, It's going to the LGS tomorrow when I take the 4516-1 out for a spin at their indoor range and I'll see what can be done about the trade.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
The new Colt is the best main stream 1911 made now, they went to CNC machining 4 yrs ago, slide to frame fit, fit and finish is best its ever been at Colt, as well as parts quality. [Not comparing Colt to high end cookie cutter 1911 like Brown, NH and Baer] If you want to part with the Colt, Im sure you will have plenty of offers, I saw yours a moment before it was deleted last week. H&K is only one I would use the Colt money for though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a good looking pistol and fit and finish are excellent...but, something is awry that I haven't been able to touch on yet and I've sure tried. Could be a geometry thing, I don't know as I have no way of measuring radiuses(radii?) and angles. I wondered what happened to that post I made and the pic. Must have been because of where/how it was posted. It would have been nice had it been explained.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's a good looking pistol and fit and finish are excellent...but, something is awry that I haven't been able to touch on yet and I've sure tried. Could be a geometry thing, I don't know as I have no way of measuring radiuses(radii?) and angles. I wondered what happened to that post I made and the pic. Must have been because of where/how it was posted. It would have been nice had it been explained.
Yeah... My Warrior needed some work and that caused doubt. Not a lot, but it was always in the back of my mind. My USPc was perfect out of the box (as were the 2 different USPf .40s I had- and traded :( wish I had those back.), I liked that. I won't give that up again. 1911's are great for range guns and display pieces, but, sad to say it (I still love em), there are just plain better options for today's world... Why set yourself back? Don't forget to post pics of your USP when you bring it home tomorrow. :62:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If they don't try to steal the Commander in trade, there will be pics. I won't give it away.

·
Registered
854 Posts
1911s are like a license to print money--if they won't give you a straight trade then try to do a straight trade elsewhere since every ******* gunbunny swears Colts are the ONLY .45 that's reliable (personally I wouldn't own a gun I have to dump a ton of money in to make it shootable but that's me!)

Average colt goes for $800+ around here...sounds like a fair deal to me but go in expecting to get face-raped...its like buying a car; you know you are probably gonna get screwed the question is will they buy u a drink first?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I doubt I even get a hug! This one was $950 less shipping charges. I don't think I'd trade if they only wanted to give $600 for it even though it has been shot, it still looks new.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After my range time this morning I went back to the car and brought in the Commander with the case and all the goodies that come with it. I showed it to one of the guys that works there I know pretty well and told him what I wanted to do. In sort, I traded the Commander for the HK USP 9mm even. He threw in a free range pass and coupe of 9mm brushes and there was no cash swapped for the trade. I feel better. No more hassling with the Commander and wasting ammo and getting frustrated at each range visit. Yep, think me and my dog will just sit out on the deck with a glass of ice tea today and look 'er over.:)

·
Registered
257 Posts
you did good, the only way it could be better was if it were a 45 ACP or a 40 S&W...
i have never had so much grief as i got from all but a very few of the 80+ 1911s i've owned...
you will be spoiled rotten by that soft shooting USP...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I almost feel like a burden has been lifted. The only thing I'm not too wild about is the polymer mags. I need to order a couple 15 round mags as it came with 10 round. I should have made this trade before range time today instead of afterwards so I could have tried it out. That will just give something to look forward to next time.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I almost feel like a burden has been lifted. The only thing I'm not too wild about is the polymer mags. I need to order a couple 15 round mags as it came with 10 round. I should have made this trade before range time today instead of afterwards so I could have tried it out. That will just give something to look forward to next time.
Congrat's, i have zero tolerance for a gun that just keep's giving problem's...i sure like any USP in any caliber, a 9mm would have been my choice also...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts