HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had one of the first HK USP 45 back 10 years ago. This thing would not get through box of ammo with out a jam. I can’t remember if FTE or FTF since it was so long ago. But, now I’m thinking of Compact USP in 9mm or 40 S&W as carry gun. Did anyone have similar experience with full size USP and would you recommend the Compact as carry?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had one of the first HK USP 45 back 10 years ago. This thing would not get through box of ammo with out a jam. I can’t remember if FTE or FTF since it was so long ago. But, now I’m thinking of Compact USP in 9mm or 40 S&W as carry gun. Did anyone have similar experience with full size USP and would you recommend the Compact as carry?
Sure. I carry a P2000(f). It's roughly the same size. The only difference is that it doesn't have that external safety so I think it's a little more comfortable to wear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have carried both my USP .40 and my USPC .40 for about a year now with no complaints. Love them both and they carry great. (Im about 5'10" 160lbs.)

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have aproxamatly 3000 rounds through a USPc 40S&W and USP 45 Tactical. NO FAILURES OF ANY SORT! What you experienced 10 years ago is VERY rare for an HK hand gun. Go with the Compact, you can trust your life to it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Never had an HK FTF, or FTE. The USPc would be a better carry choice over the full size IMHO.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Bought my USP 40C new in 2001 with over 7k rounds through it now NEVER any failures! Used all kinds of ammo. Carries real nice.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I carry a USPc .40 all the time and I have never had a malfunction of any kind whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Same as above. Never a malfunction in the HK USP 45's and 9's I have owned. Also never a malfunction in the P7M8 or 90 series rifles. That why it's HK for me and I'm carrying an HK USP9C now. Great guns. I highly recommend them and give the nod to the 9mm. More capacity, less recoil, and cheaper to shoot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
like the replies above, i have 3000ish rounds through my .40 compacts without a hiccup... and 1500 through my tactical, zero malfunctions.... the USPC makes a great carry gun IMO.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had a USPc .40 as my CCW, then I bought a police trade-in P7/PSP and was won over by it. The safety of the gun with the squeeze-cocker and at the same time the speed with which you can draw and cock the hammer really impressed me. Plus, my USPc .40 had a good bit of recoil, where my P7 is much easier to control.

If you aren't committed to the USP take a look at the P7 / PSP.

·
Registered
188 Posts
USPC 45

Mine is at least 10+ old. never had a problem with 1000+ rounds. My other is a P2sk in .40 and also flawless. Maybe need new springs. check out Wolff Power Hammer Spring.

·
Registered
381 Posts
HK is well known for their reliability. You just had a fluke. I would look at the HK P2000 for a carry gun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts