HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
HK says yes, common since says use snap caps. If one can afford a $700o to $800 pistol then one can afford $12 for some good snap caps to protect their investment. While firing pin breakage is rare, it does happen and in most cases it is after prolonged periods of dry firing without snap caps. Why chance it for a measly $12?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
The ones I like best because they seem to last longer than most is A-Zoom. I have had great luck with their snap caps in many different calibers, rifle and pistol. Almost every gun shop will sell some form but the A-Zoom are readily available on-line from most of your larger gun accessory suppliers, such as Gander Mountain, Midway-USA, Cabelas, Bass Pro, the list is endless.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The ones I like best because they seem to last longer than most is A-Zoom. I have had great luck with their snap caps in many different calibers, rifle and pistol. Almost every gun shop will sell some form but the A-Zoom are readily available on-line from most of your larger gun accessory suppliers, such as Gander Mountain, Midway-USA, Cabelas, Bass Pro, the list is endless.

I have some A-zooms. How do you know if they need changing? I don't dry fire much..so it still looks pretty new. Just wondering how to tell its time to get new ones? thanks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I used one, I think it was an A-zoom, a red aluminum round for my 40 while getting accustomed to the heavier than normal first DA pull. This helped me quite a bit to not stage or pause during the trigger stroke, and now I can keep that first shot closer to the other SA shots. This one has probably been struck 500x and still works and looks okay. Try also Brownell's, they're great to deal with, I order from them often.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I look at the primer. If the indent is deep and therefore offering no more cushion, I replace them, but with the A-Zoom that takes a long time. I will also replace them when they get too chewed up and start shedding too much aluminum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts