HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi gang,

ordered a completed hk use to ump conversion kit from ed montana. have not shot it yet but
took a comparison shot with my kriss vector.

cl

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
hi gang,

ordered a completed hk use to ump conversion kit from ed montana. have not shot it yet but
took a comparison shot with my kriss vector.

cl

I want one of each!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just got back from the range. couldn't help myself. shot 250 rounds out of the kriss and 250 rounds out of the uk.

the kriss had better ergonomics. the stock fit better into my shoulder. the new design does do what it claims with less recoil
and minimal muzzle rise. i shot a tennis ball sized group with the vector. the hk's group was similar but looked like it was stretched a bit in
a 45 degree angle from bottom left to top right. i'm right handed.

the hk had a better trigger pull. it was consistent while the kriss had a little wiggle to it and has a shorter travel.

pulling the handle back and releasing the slide and pulling the trigger felt better in the hk. doing the same action in the vector felt awkward but it might do to not being familiar to a new style of gun.

if i could sum it up, the hk felt like a mercedes in form function and fit while the vector felt like a kit car. due to the vector's new design
of the action and it's shoulder stock i was able to shoot a tighter group with the vector and felt more comfortable shooting. the hk has an obvious build quality advantage over the vector in it's tolerances i.e. gaps between parts, finish etc...

the vector is extremely comfortable and fun to shoot. i'm more accurate with the vector due to it's comfort and minimal muzzle rise. if i could take one gun to the range to shoot, i would bring the vector. if my life depended on it then i would choose the hk.

just some initial impressions.

best,

cl

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I could ever find a reasonably-priced UMP 45 mag, I would gladly take my UMP to the SHTF party LOL
you bring up a great point. maybe i need to rethink what my gun choice! two mags aren't cutting it!!!!

what's prices are ump mags selling and trading at? i don't even know where to look. i asked ed to sell me two more but said he couldn't due to a shortage.

cl

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you look around you will find them, they are getting spendy though, I sold the last of the new mags I had @ 110.00 shipped last week, I hated to sell at that price but I don't know if I will be getting any more new mags. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If you look around you will find them, they are getting spendy though, I sold the last of the new mags I had @ 110.00 shipped last week, I hated to sell at that price but I don't know if I will be getting any more new mags. Time will tell.
Amazing considering when I got all my UMP mags that's what I payed for each including the cost of pinning all of them and all the export paperwork (usually 2-300 dollars) back when I got mine. VERY glad I got 10 of them, was a lot of cash to put down but worth it especially now! The USC mags (yeah the cheesy 10 round single stack ones) are going for 150+ up here now.

I would love to see a range comparison between the Kriss and USC/UMP with the intended 8" (or whatever the Kriss has) barrel length and see how much different it would be!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
You can get TWO Kriss 27 round mags for under 60 bucks. I wonder if you could get them to work with the UMP ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can get TWO Kriss 27 round mags for under 60 bucks. I wonder if you could get them to work with the UMP ;)
i bought 21 mags for 25 and extensions for 35. my ffl had 4 extensions in stock so i bought them all lol...

the ump mags are better quality then glock 21 mags and extensions.

anyone have ump mags they want to sell?

cl

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I've tried jamming my Mark23 mags into my UMP lower before to see if I can get it to strip a round off but definitely no dice. The UMP mags feed at a 90 degree angle and the Mark23 mags feed at more of a 110 or 115 degree angle, so even with the mag torqued as far as it can go its still too aggressive a feed angle and it never was able to properly strip a round out.

You could (in theory) make a lower that would accept a pistol magazine, since the HK latch (and most pistol mag latches) are in the top quarter of the magazine body, you could get something like an AR15 magazine release or some long lever or sumsuch to unlock the magazine. I've thought about playing around with designing one but it would be a lot of work in production to get it to work right...

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'd take the Kriss, pass on the UMP. We've had nothing but problems with our department UMPs, finally took them out of service about a year ago.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'd have to disagree on UMP mags being better than Glock mags. Of the 20 some mags we have for our UMPs only 2 are still working (the rest are cracked and or the feedlip sticks at full load) after about 5 years of service. We've never had a Glock mag failure our of about 250+ glock mags that have been in service just as long, most longer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd have to disagree on UMP mags being better than Glock mags. Of the 20 some mags we have for our UMPs only 2 are still working (the rest are cracked and or the feedlip sticks at full load) after about 5 years of service. We've never had a Glock mag failure our of about 250+ glock mags that have been in service just as long, most longer.

thanks for your input. it's good to hear real world experience! i have only shot both rifles a couple hundred rounds and had them for 5 minutes. i was afraid the hk might be more hype then function.

the kriss is very fun to shoot and accurate. the recoil dampening does work but what was more impressive was the minimal muzzle rise in the kriss compared to the hk.

cheers,

cl

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
...............I would love to see a range comparison between the Kriss and USC/UMP with the intended 8" (or whatever the Kriss has) barrel length and see how much different it would be!
I haven't gotten the chance to shoot a UMP in full auto, but got to shoot the KRISS in full auto. Grouping is pretty tight. Rate of fire is just off the charts. IMHO it is probably too fast, you just can't believe how quickly the mag will empty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts