HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Interesting trigger and mag extension, too (unless that's a shadow). Plus it's a P7M13 base.

Gonna make concealment a bit challenging, but I'm guessing the end use of this was not for carry.

Some kind of competition maybe?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I've seen this M8 somewhere else before....maybe in another thread? :confused:
IIRC it was competition gun for Bruce Gray, or one of his customers or something to that effect...

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
The additional weight added to the muzzle will have more effect on reducing muzzle rise then would the vent holes. Usually pistol-caliber muzzle comps are mostly ineffective due to the reduced muzzle pressure/gas volume of pistol ammo versus rifle ammo.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ya def. a competition gun. look at the sights too. I will say my P7 amazed me with its accuracy so this may not be a bad combo

KZ

·
Registered
369 Posts
That does not look like a Bruce Gray conversion. This one is:

The compensated longslide definitely reduces muzzle rise. I've always found the recoil of a P7 to be rather sharp. I'm not willing to argue with G3Kurz about whether it's the compensator or increased slide mass, but the combination definitely tames the recoil.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I picked out off another thread on ... man. I can't remember. I linked the photo.. but the photo is coming from the source, not the thread.. i think handguns.net? It's interesting for sure. I've seen suppressed ones.. and maybe another comped P7, but a much shorter comp than this.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That Gray one looks good. I'm not a C-more guy... particularly on smaller guns. But the compensator is really melded into the slide. Less of an "add on" like the first one.

You're right it looks more like a longer ported slide. I can see the porting in the front.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I like the long slide look for the comp type pistol but the sights are a bit large. I would like to get one.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yeah, like I said, I was unsure of who built it, but I have seen that particular M8 before.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first post.
Did a search for "P7 M13 compensated" and found my old gun, pictured here, which I believe was the original thread subject.
Bought it second hand from Ron Peterson Guns in Albuquerque NM while employed there in 1990. A year or so later with access to another firearm related Albuquerque shop, I built the gun shown. A friend had several race guns, and not being able to afford one, he suggested I convert the M13 to a 9x21 to make majors. A genuine HK long slide barrel was found, with the notion of massaging the gas system and chamber to accommodate the caliber conversion, which never materialized, so it remained a basic 9mm. The titanium compensator is threaded onto the extended barrel, with retention set screws on the underside. The beavertail and mag-well extension were tig welded on. The Bo-Mar rear sight was "melted" into the slide, after which the cocking lever, slide, and frame were Armoloy hard chromed. The trigger's plastic injection molded shoe was removed, and the machined replacement tig welded in its place, complete with pre and over-travel screws, and nickel plating. Sold the pistol online around 1999 or 2000 while stationed in Quantico VA.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wow, cool to see you post this 9 years later. I think it's neat to track down the traceability of these custom "one offs."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts