HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Interesting trigger and mag extension, too (unless that's a shadow). Plus it's a P7M13 base.

Gonna make concealment a bit challenging, but I'm guessing the end use of this was not for carry.

Some kind of competition maybe?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I've seen this M8 somewhere else before....maybe in another thread? :confused:
IIRC it was competition gun for Bruce Gray, or one of his customers or something to that effect...

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
The additional weight added to the muzzle will have more effect on reducing muzzle rise then would the vent holes. Usually pistol-caliber muzzle comps are mostly ineffective due to the reduced muzzle pressure/gas volume of pistol ammo versus rifle ammo.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ya def. a competition gun. look at the sights too. I will say my P7 amazed me with its accuracy so this may not be a bad combo

KZ

·
Registered
355 Posts
That does not look like a Bruce Gray conversion. This one is:

The compensated longslide definitely reduces muzzle rise. I've always found the recoil of a P7 to be rather sharp. I'm not willing to argue with G3Kurz about whether it's the compensator or increased slide mass, but the combination definitely tames the recoil.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked out off another thread on ... man. I can't remember. I linked the photo.. but the photo is coming from the source, not the thread.. i think handguns.net? It's interesting for sure. I've seen suppressed ones.. and maybe another comped P7, but a much shorter comp than this.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That Gray one looks good. I'm not a C-more guy... particularly on smaller guns. But the compensator is really melded into the slide. Less of an "add on" like the first one.

You're right it looks more like a longer ported slide. I can see the porting in the front.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I like the long slide look for the comp type pistol but the sights are a bit large. I would like to get one.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yeah, like I said, I was unsure of who built it, but I have seen that particular M8 before.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts