HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to have a Raven holster but with a 17 week wait it's not going to happen. I own an MTAC but I really like Raven's design and I need something that can be used IWB and OWB. What manufacturer comes closed to the Raven Phantom in design and functionality? I know there are some cheap knock-offs but I'm looking for a quality holster. Also is finding a used Phantom a lost cause? I've looked about for a couple week and found nothing. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Any insight from you guys would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Kaluban Cloak.
I have a buddy that owns some stuff from Kaluban Cloak and loves it.

Also try Atomic Dog......I haven't owned one, but I've been able to talk to owners during courses and have heard nothing but awesomeness. The people who run it seem like awesome dudes, to boot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Another for kaluban cloak. I have both a raven for my m&p and a kaluban for my P30. Honestly I perfer my kaluban cloak better. Fast shipping also.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Kaluban Cloak is IWB as well? Can you select Kydex thickness? They look good. The website on the other hand...

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Yes, they are modular like the Phantom; however, you don't have the option for thickness nor can you get a MD cut. Straight drop or cant, that's about it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, they are modular like the Phantom; however, you don't have the option for thickness nor can you get a MD cut. Straight drop or cant, that's about it.
Thanks for the feedback. If they work with an external safety (P30S) it may be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Atomic Dog is a bit limited in their offerings for HK, but their holsters are excellent. I owned one for my G17, and really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Check out Crown Holsters. I was waiting for a IWB Raven holster for my USPc and stumbled upon a thread about the Crown holsters. I contacted the owner and he told me he was expecting a mold for a USPc 45 at the end of the week. He emailed me when it arrived and within 10 days I had my holster. Great kydex holster and great customer service.
Welcome to Crown Holsters! - Crown Holsters

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Kaluban Cloak.
I just ordered 2 holsters and 4 mag carriers from Kaluban, one from Atomic Dog. Lets hope they hold up like Raven.

Check out Crown Holsters. I was waiting for a IWB Raven holster for my USPc and stumbled upon a thread about the Crown holsters. I contacted the owner and he told me he was expecting a mold for a USPc 45 at the end of the week. He emailed me when it arrived and within 10 days I had my holster. Great kydex holster and great customer service.
Welcome to Crown Holsters! - Crown Holsters

Chris sent me one of his holsters to review to compare to Raven. I haven't made the videos yet because I still haven't received my Raven. The Quality is certainly there.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have a Crown Holster for my P30. I don't use it much as I usually carry in leather, but it is a nice holster and I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Give this guy a look. About to order for a Glock 17 & Walther PPS. Design is similar to Raven, (a lot of them out there these days) some things I like. His prices are on par, color choices (doing a grey/black for my pps) 2 week turn around if the order is under $200. So if you don't like the waiting game...Thats a big plus!

http://www.statureman.com

·
Registered
30 Posts
I purchased an Atomic dog holster and two single mag pouches for my M&P45 last year. It took 18 weeks, and I never received the mag pouches. The holster is fine, but I was not impressed with the delivery times (quoted8 - 10 weeks) and the effort it took to get my holster. In their defense, they answered every e-mail and did not charge me for the mag pouches.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I purchased an Atomic dog holster and two single mag pouches for my M&P45 last year. It took 18 weeks, and I never received the mag pouches. The holster is fine, but I was not impressed with the delivery times (quoted8 - 10 weeks) and the effort it took to get my holster. In their defense, they answered every e-mail and did not charge me for the mag pouches.
Well I would hope so. Regardless of email responses you should still get what you ordered, especially 2 months after the originally quoted time. Thanks to Wolvee for the Kaluban Cloak review! Definitely helpful. I will have to pick one up sooner than later. Lot's of options though so the weeding out process may take a bit more research.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a Raven Phantom last night for my soon to be here HK45. The wait time is very long but based on numerouse reviews I decided I would give it a shot. I may purchase something else while I am waiting but must likely will just carry my current concealed.

There are just to many holsters to choose from. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Wolvee , great video on the kaluban cloak holsters. I have one for my P30 aswell and i have the same belt loops as your sk holster. Just wondering if you have noticed any difference pros/cons between the different style belt loops. And the kydex coming off on your gun will eventually stop during draws. For a perfect retention [imho]. sorry not trying to hijack this thread

1 - 19 of 19 Posts