HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course not everything went to plan.

Here are some areas that caused heartburn:
- The receiver was folded / welded a little crooked in the lower rear so I had to do some filing to get an A3 stock to fit; even with that it's snug getting the push-pin in and I have to tap the pin with a hammer to start removing it

- I didn't realize the MKE included sear spring (roller type) would not work in the PTR trigger box

- Tried in vain to tap the pin out of the hammer strut yoke; even broke a punch - would advise others to buy the pin-less hammer strut for their conversion

- I had to correct one of the axles support holes for the sear spring on the PTR trigger box; it was not drilled correctly at the factory

- I knew I'd had to remove a little material from the front of the PTR grip frame (so it would sit on the receiver shelf), and I did but I wish I had done it with the assembled trigger box installed because the fit is different/tighter with the trigger box in the grip frame

Had a fairly easy time removing the magazine blocks from the well:

- Used a carbide cutting bit to chew through the blocking pin close to the top weld - once I had removed enough material equal to the pin's width, I taped on the top of the pin with a hammer and punch and the weaker lower welds broke easily - took about 40 minutes including cleaning up the bits of weld left

Used US made hammer, sear, trigger, trigger box, grip frame, and cocking handle

·
Registered
105 Posts
Of course not everything went to plan.

- I didn't realize the MKE included sear spring (roller type) would not work in the PTR trigger box

- Tried in vain to tap the pin out of the hammer strut yoke; even broke a punch - would advise others to buy the pin-less hammer strut for their conversion
I ran into similar problems - what did you do to fix?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a PTR91 GI - I robbed the parts from it (I'm a little ashamed but I wanted to finish the new gun) - then I purchased the pinless yoke and semi-auto sear spring from Robert RTG

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice work I'm waiting for my mke to come to my ffl tomorrow I already bought all the 922r parts from hk parts just waiting on the rifle. Your gun looks great congrats!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im going to replace the hammer, sear, cocking tube, cocking handle, trigger, and probably the butt stock. I have a factory hk slim handguard I def want to put on cause it makes the rifle look more genuine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice work getting rid of those magazine well bars!! I'm going to try and tackle that tonight after I pick up my new toy from my ffl!!

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Nice job R4nd0m!

Im going to replace the hammer, sear, cocking tube, cocking handle, trigger, and probably the butt stock. I have a factory hk slim handguard I def want to put on cause it makes the rifle look more genuine.
Will79, I'm almost certain that the cocking tube is not a 922r compliant part.

·
Registered
54 Posts
- I knew I'd had to remove a little material from the front of the PTR grip frame (so it would sit on the receiver shelf), and I did but I wish I had done it with the assembled trigger box installed because the fit is different/tighter with the trigger box in the grip frame
That is odd, I used the same grip... didn't have to touch it.

Nice Job though, very nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts