HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i just bought a USP full size .40 and absolutley love it. im not sure if i will conceal carry it or not but i would at least like to practice from a concealed carry holster.
I want a nice setup that will last me a while and be able to conceal the full size frame as best as one can while wearing jeans and a t shirt.

through a quick search i found the blade tech ultimate concealment holster, the comp tac CTAC and some milt sparks holsters.

which of these would work the best, and also what other quality holsters are available?

thanks for the help.

brandon

·
Registered
198 Posts
I concealed a .USP 40F in a Fobus paddle holster for years before switching to the P7 platform. The Fobus holsters are cheap, easy to obtain, and fit the gun perfectly. It concealed OK under a jacket or t-shirt though the print got me made once by a friendly LEO.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Honestly, I would look towards a P2000 for concealment over a USP fullsize. The P2K is a perfect size for that purpose, while the USP40 fullsize is great on the range. Or perhaps a USPC40? This is coming from a skinnier guy, so YMMV.

If you plan on sticking with the USP40, I've heard good things about the CTAC and Bladetech.

·
Registered
33 Posts
USP 40 Fullsize carry options.

I carry mine in a "Slideguard" from Highnoon holsters. It conceals very well and I have had no issues out in public. Trick is knowing how to dress comfortable without being over dressed or hot. I have quite a few short sleeved tropical shirts from Walmart & Sams club, They cover the gun and I just wear thin t-shirt or "Wife Beater" tank top underneath. Comp-tac has an IWB holster I've been wanting called "Pro Under Cover" & for $50.00 good deal. Don't let the size of the gun you want to carry scare you, I've known plenty of Deputies when I worked in AZ that carried full size 1911's & Glocks & H&K's. And it gets pretty warm out there!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I carry my USP9 in a Blade-tech IWB year round. I wear the holster at my 3 o'clock under a untucked tee shirt or oxford dress shirt with jeans/shorts in the summer. In the winter it is much easier to conceal anything I want to carry as I can add a layer with a sweater.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I carried my USP 40 for a long time in a IWB holster with no problems. Before you order a holster, check how long the wait is. Some makers take months to years. Ebay is also a good place to start. I'm kind of partial to www.tedblockerholsters.com because they tend to get their stuff made and shipped in about a month.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have a Greg Peters holster and I conceal/carry my USP40 all the time.

I am picking up a P2000 next week so I can wear even less. :43:

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I know that every time someone ask this question and I refer them to www.fist-inc.com they are getting tired of it. I don't make anything from them or am I affliated with them in any way! I have just had wonderful service and they always deliver in a reasonable time. Also their price is very fair compaired to the six to eight month wait holsters. They make a good product for a fair value.

Aslo like SoFlaDeputy129 say's " wear a wife beater t-shirt under neath your reg T-shirt."

Even try out an under armor moisture wicking shirt underneat a t-shirt. You will find that is much more confortable.

Fist makes a great High Ride Holster OSW that has a FBI cant and I have worn for many years that way with the same weapon. You also need to remember to get a decent belt to hold the weapon up. Fist also sells thoes. You can get Kydex or Leather, I even have a Ultra swade in the zebra print that I like very much.

Good luck on your choice. TJ

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Don't worry about it at all. I (on occasion) concealed carry my full size USP .40 Combat Comp. (thats WITH a jet funnel) on my hip in a Desantes leather holster. Although it is heavier than my Glocks it conceals fine with a long t-shirt. People who know I carry at first did not even realize the USP on my hip before I showed it to them. Most commented "I would have never known you had that." Keep in mind I am no bigger than 5'9" and 140lbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts