HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any sugestiones for concealing a usp compact 40 ? I have a 30" waist and Im not haveing much luck finding a good hip holster to conceal this gun under a t-shirt, please post up any pics of a good holster or just post up some sugestiones for this gun only, thanks....

·
Registered
616 Posts
Milt Sparks VMII or IBAK
Mitch Rosen has a few that work really well too.
In concealment its all about the cant and how well the holster conforms to your body, I have found that nothing beats leather for this, but YMMV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use a comp-tac Infidel for mine. I tried the C-TAC and it was uncomfortable to me. Many people like the C-TAC, you will just have to find the one that you like best.

·
Registered
97 Posts
30 inch waists? Let's avoid the Christmas rush and start hating these guys now. [sarcastic mode off]

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've concealed a USP .40 compact on me...and I wear 30" pants. It's not EASY, and is semi-uncomfortable. I'm thinking of picking up a P2000sk/Glock 26/Springfield EMP for comfortable carry. A 4.25" 1911 wouldn't be a bad idea either.

HK Polymer pistols are pretty thick!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think someone said "carrying is not supposed to be comfortable but comforting" ?

I carry a Hi-Power 9 mm or a Sig 229 40 in Hume IWB's. Both are comforgtable after a few minutes with them on.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I find wearing a jacket / covering garment at all times with an IWB/OWB holster a pain/challenge ... like
- arriving at the in-laws and not taking off my jacket despite being asked for it.
- getting too hot at a restaurant 'cause I'm wearing a jacket.

My personal preference is to carry in a 5.11 v-necked holster shirt under a snap closure western styled shirt. Yes, it's slightly slower to draw from as compared to an OWB or IWB setup, however, I don't have to worry about always having to wear a jacket/covering garment. Plus, with all the driving I do, it's much easier to draw with this carry method.

The 5.11 jeans or 5.11 Tactical Covert Khaki Pants are able to conceal the extra magazines with ease.

I know this carry method is not the norm, but it certainly is another option to consider.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies I think Ill have a box with a assortment of diffrent holsters when Im done. One more thing does everyone carry 100% 75 or 50 or just when you go somewere that your not sure off ? Here in New Orleans the crime is much worse after the hurricane. Sometimes I think why am I wearing a gun because I can ? do I really need one on me, just something I keep thinking abought and one last ting I wish there was a self defence class here locally not jut to go shoot but something one on one incase you get in a conflict, thank for all the replies.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts