HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to conceal and I want to use my USP .45 full size. I'm not really a fan of the compacts and would prefer the extra capacity. I am looking at a Galco holster, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about these?

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1883.php

I was told to get a lined holster, any other recommendations or would this one be ok? I'd like something that won't wear the finish too bad but then again I realize holster wear is normal on most guns.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can't go wrong with that one. Personally either Galco or Bianchi is a great choice for the money.
But he's an idea, have you ever considered a shoulder holster? I carry a Beretta 96 on occasion and use a Bianchi X15. Works great, good balance, and you never have to worry about the bottom extending below your coat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't go wrong with that one. Personally either Galco or Bianchi is a great choice for the money.
But he's an idea, have you ever considered a shoulder holster? I carry a Beretta 96 on occasion and use a Bianchi X15. Works great, good balance, and you never have to worry about the bottom extending below your coat.
Well I live in Florida so covering a hip holster could be a problem unless I'm wearing one of those hawaii style shirts. I have a hoodie since it's cold out right now.

Shoulder holster, aren't they pretty expensive? I'd imagine they'd get pretty uncomfortable as well? I'm also a bit concerned about being able to conceal while at work as I wear a undershirt and then wear a button up shirt so fast drawing could be a problem.

H

·
0 Posts
I conceal my 45 Full Size in a Comp Tac CTAC IWB holster. It conceals well and has no noticeable holster wear after a few months.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have that holster for my p2ksk. the only problem i have with it is that there is no grove for the front sight. in order to draw the gun out from the holster you have to rock the gun back at the last minute so the front sight does not snag. this can pose a huge problem if a quick draw is needed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Galco

I carry a USP45c, I also have a USP40. I have Galco "FLETCH" holsters for both. I also have Blackhawk "Serpa" holsters for both guns. I prefer the Galco for carrying because the ride higher on my body and they don't stick out as far. I feel like I am able to draw my weapon better from my "Serpa".
I guess this is something that you are going to have to experiment with because everybody has a slightly different body shape. You are also going to have to figure out how comfortable you are with drawing the weapon from your holster. These are just some things to think about. Either way I prefer a carry holster that has positive gun retention. I would hate to have the bad guy get my gun when all he had before was a knife.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i use a f.i.s.t. kydex iwb holster. it works great and does not add extra bulk. it's the j-hook (k3), if i'm not mistaken.it's fairly inexpensive at around 30-35dollars. check their website.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts