HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With my new USP Expert inbound (hopefully) and all this talk about painting and crayons, I don't know what color to paint my new pistol. So conflicted. Will it match my jeans, my slacks, oh lord, what about my shoes? If I use crayon, will it be safe to leave in my car when not carrying it? Oh, never mind, it won't be carried, and the ambient temperature of my safe doesn't reach beyond 72 degrees. Will shooting it increase the likelihood of the crayon melting? Oh, never mind, it won't be shot. Crayola or after market?

I should probably go with paint. But what happens if the paint 'gasp' scratches!!!!??? I might suffer a stroke and lose the ability to shoot my firearms. But then again, I can always seek reassurance from other forum members how it is now personal to me and that it is a sign of character. Oh, never mind, I don't shoot them much anyway. Does a camera count? I suck at photography.

Please help those that are conflicted. I don't know what to do.

I wouldn't be caught dead with an all black sidearm. Holster wear, is that a new fashion designer?

·
Registered
526 Posts
But the real question is will it blend.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the real question is will it blend.
Blend? Oh, there you go, add more to my anxiety. If it doesn't blend, will it make me look fat? Be honest! What about matching magazines? They have to match too, you know. Oh heck, we're not talking about shooting, so I might as well call them what they are "CLIPS." They have to match.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
People need to realize that guns are tools. Not a fashion statement, not a TOY.

A gun is bought for defense in the event that your life is in danger... I can't imagine pulling my gun out to someone and saying CHECK OUT THE AWESOME COLORING I PUT ON IT... We are all proud of our new firearms and we share that pride on these forums but crayola on my guns? Thats like putting ketchup on authentic Italian food.

I'm all for doing what you want with your own stuff but I have to say that to most people it looks like a kiddie toy. It takes something out of the honor of owning a firearm by coloring it with crayon or even paint

this looks like a TOY

THIS is the only coloring your gun should have! That powder gray :)

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I went and took my Hk's in for a full body wax and a really swanky bedazzling....now it matches my sweet designer jeans!

Seriously, I am way too busy to "play" with my guns, but to each their own. I wish I had more time to shoot, but I don't. I'm headed to work now, but not before I stop and get a quick pedicure and facial...oh and yes, I'm a man....sort of, I think.

·
Registered
276 Posts
With my new USP Expert inbound (hopefully) and all this talk about painting and crayons, I don't know what color to paint my new pistol. So conflicted. Will it match my jeans, my slacks, oh lord, what about my shoes? If I use crayon, will it be safe to leave in my car when not carrying it? Oh, never mind, it won't be carried, and the ambient temperature of my safe doesn't reach beyond 72 degrees. Will shooting it increase the likelihood of the crayon melting? Oh, never mind, it won't be shot. Crayola or after market?

I should probably go with paint. But what happens if the paint 'gasp' scratches!!!!??? I might suffer a stroke and lose the ability to shoot my firearms. But then again, I can always seek reassurance from other forum members how it is now personal to me and that it is a sign of character. Oh, never mind, I don't shoot them much anyway. Does a camera count? I suck at photography.

Please help those that are conflicted. I don't know what to do.

I wouldn't be caught dead with an all black sidearm. Holster wear, is that a new fashion designer?
LMAO  

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Try reflective orange spray paint. That way you can find it during a power outage!

·
Registered
794 Posts
gtmtnbiker98,

You forgot the most important conflict: How will the colors on your pistol match a custom holster made with spotted owl skin? Bill

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
The thing that kills me is the fact that all you guys neglect your cartridges. I mean. . . they are like cars. . . the cleaner and shinier they are the faster they go and the better they perform. Not to mention the fact that I really haven't seen any that are duly inscribed or monogramed either. Like, they should say "H & K SAC" for Heckler & Koch Strategic Air Command on both the bullets and the casings. . . or maybe paint the bullets red or something to go with the crayon on the slide. If you guys are gonna do it, then at least do it RIGHT.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The thing that kills me is the fact that all you guys neglect your cartridges. I mean. . . they are like cars. . . the cleaner and shinier they are the faster they go and the better they perform. Not to mention the fact that I really haven't seen any that are duly inscribed or monogramed either. Like, they should say "H & K SAC" for Heckler & Koch Strategic Air Command on both the bullets and the casings. . . or maybe paint the bullets red or something to go with the crayon on the slide. If you guys are gonna do it, then at least do it RIGHT.
I fill in the stamping on the base of the cartridge cases with the same crayon colors that I use for the slide. I put paper on the bench so as the crayon melts and runs out it makes abstract HK art. I'm gonna start a thread showcasing this art because in a "six degrees" kinda way it's HK related. Now if HK loved me they'd make a single stack Elite SK in 10mm. Preferably in digital camo.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I fill in the stamping on the base of the cartridge cases with the same crayon colors that I use for the slide. I put paper on the bench so as the crayon melts and runs out it makes abstract HK art. I'm gonna start a thread showcasing this art because in a "six degrees" kinda way it's HK related. Now if HK loved me they'd make a single stack Elite SK in 10mm. Preferably in pink.
Fixed it for ya.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
1 - 20 of 79 Posts