HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered by I haven't been able to find it.

I own three HK LEM pistols…

P2000 factory V2 (357 SIG)
HK45 V1 converted to LEM
P2000SK factory V2 (9mm)​

By way of background, for a defensive handgun I prefer it to shoot like a DA revolver – no manual safety to fiddle with, long & heavy enough trigger pull that you don’t need one. I think the stock Glock trigger pull (nominally 5.5 lb) is too light, and have a NY1 trigger in my Glock. So, I’m not interested in going “Lite” LEM.

I’ve had the P2000 since about 2006 , but due to the caliber it is carried much & shot little (I’ve thought about getting another in 9mm just for practice, but the new plan is to mostly carry & practice with the brand new SK). It took some getting used to, but now when I do shoot it I get results pretty typical of what I get with most pistols. So, based on that experience I’ve been OK with V2 until now.

I bought the HK45 a couple years ago, when I gave up on them bringing it out with factory LEM & no manual safety. At the time, my intent was to have HK convert it to LEM matching the P2000 V2 trigger and install tritium sights while they had it, but they were having some issue with Meprolite at the time so I had to wait and it kind of slipped through the cracks until this month.

Then I decided to convert it to LEM myself, following what I read on this board and Carrera’s video series. As recommended (by the video, IIRC) I bought the “universal” kit. I installed the square trigger return spring and the longer (heavier, if I understand correctly) hammer/main spring. In dry fire, it feels subjectively like the factory V2 triggers on the other guns.

Shooting it didn’t go so good, though. Going really slow I can shoot nice tight groups, but even then I get about one flyer per mag going low. Going at what is for me normal speed, in a course of fire involving two-hand & SHO & WHO varyingly at 4-7-10-15 yards, about half my shots are going low as compared to what happens with most pistols including the P2000. Maybe I just need to work with it more, but I’m now thinking about going with the “Todd Green Special” trigger. According to the posted numbers that sounds about the weight of the SIG DAK, and while I don’t own one of those the ones I’ve dry fired feel heavy enough for my tastes.

If I change the HK45, though, then I want to do the two factory V2’s as well so they all have a similar feel. I have yet to shoot the SK because I took it straight to a local smith right after purchase for Trijicon installation – expect to get it back early next week.

OK, so now comes the spring confusion bit…

Apparently to take the P brothers from V2 to V-TGS I need to keep the factory trigger return spring and install lighter hammer/main & FPB springs.

On the HK45, nobody said anything about the FPBS and the “Universal” kit didn’t have any extra part that could be it. However, if the FPBS you need for V-TGS is the one from a DA/SA gun then I should already have it in the HK45 from the factory, and all I need to do to get to V-TGS from here is put my factory hammer/main spring back in. If that’s the case, though, you’d think the trigger in it now would be noticeably lighter than the factory-V2 P brothers that presumably have “heavy” LEM FPBS’s, but it isn’t. They feel about the same.

Can some gear guru ‘splain?

Also I want to confirm the springs for the P2000 & P2000SK…

On the hammer/main spring, under “Compatible with All:” the page on HKParts says “HK P2000 (Not the SK model)”. Do I need a different spring part# for V-TGS on the P2000SK, or is HKParts wrong? If they are correct, what part# do I need?

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
I can't really comment on the trigger feel of the V-TGS HK45, but you're correct about the needed springs. The HK45 already has the 209296 FPBS.

You got the right part # for the light FPBS for P2000/P2000SK. The needed hammer spring for P2000 is 214695. The one for P2000SK is 207122.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I can't really comment on the trigger feel of the V-TGS HK45, but you're correct about the needed springs. The HK45 already has the 209296 FPBS.

You got the right part # for the light FPBS for P2000/P2000SK. The needed hammer spring for P2000 is 214695. The one for P2000SK is 207122.
So does the P2000SK have a different hammer spring in V3 than V2?

From the "P30 LEM Trigger Chart" posted various places, a V2 has all three springs "heavy", a V4 has just the FPBS "light" & the others "heavy", and the V-TGS has both FPBS & hammer spring "light" with only the TRS "heavy". Following that logic, in the SK if you take a V2 and change only the FPBS (because there is only one flavor of hammer spring, so swapping in a new one doesn't change anything), doesn't that yield a V4 instead of a TGS?

Also, isn't hammer spring 214695 the "heavy" one that is already in my P2000 V2? That's what the "P30 LEM Trigger Chart" says...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts