HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading up a bit on the CZ-75 SP-01. It seems to be a pretty sweet pistol but I don't know much about the company CZ itself. I've heard good things about CZ but obviously HK has an outstanding reputation. I was just impressed at the 19-rd capacity, and relatively inexpensive price. They claim to be accurate as can be as well. I am looking for a full sized combat pistol in 9mm and I want to be sure to get the right one. I have never shot a CZ, but I have handled them. They feel great in my hand (kind of like a Sig), and again that round count is unbelievable. I have handled the regular P30 and it's on another level as far as ergonomics goes, and although the round count is plenty, I would hope that the P30L would have more rounds.... Any opinionated help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I was reading up a bit on the CZ-75 SP-01. It seems to be a pretty sweet pistol but I don't know much about the company CZ itself. I've heard good things about CZ but obviously HK has an outstanding reputation. I was just impressed at the 19-rd capacity, and relatively inexpensive price. They claim to be accurate as can be as well. I am looking for a full sized combat pistol in 9mm and I want to be sure to get the right one. I have never shot a CZ, but I have handled them. They feel great in my hand (kind of like a Sig), and again that round count is unbelievable. I have handled the regular P30 and it's on another level as far as ergonomics goes, and although the round count is plenty, I would hope that the P30L would have more rounds.... Any opinionated help would be appreciated.
I would rather have a Beretta 92 than the CZ. 20+ rounds of 9mm goodness with Mec Gar mags and a gazillion other reasons the US Mil agrees with me....

Another great option would be the Glock 17, 19 & 34 series. 17 and 33 Round factory mags cheap and legendary reliability.

I would buy one of the top two handguns first. The P30 is nice, but everyone should have owned/purchased a Timex before their Rolex...to me the P30 is a "luxury" item, the Beretta and Glocks are staples. They are alot less expensive to own, especially if you need a dozen mags to go with them,...

I would even buy a USP before the P30 and put a USP in the same class as the Beretta and Glocks..

·
Registered
518 Posts
The P30L is the 4.5" full size version of the P30. However, it is only available in Europe as of now. I haven't been able to find any comments from Hk that say they plan to bring it to the US but I have my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
383 Posts
CZ's are great guns, a stainless 75B is on my short list.

However if we could get the P30L in the US, I'd buy one in a second.

The P30L is more comfortable, lighter, and looks better IMO. Accuracy, reliability are probly going to be the same. It's more personal preference that anything really.

·
Registered
25 Posts
CZ

I have a CZ SP01 9mm. It is the best hand gun out there for the money. It comes with mepro lights night sights. The grip is the best. Low bore. Extremely soft shooter. A lot less muzzle flip than my USPf 9mm, P7M8, and my 1911. Heavy so it absorbs recoil. Supper accurate. The trigger is gritty out of the box so you need a trigger job or dry fire a few hundred times. It shoots fast and it is easier to be accurate with it in rapid fire than my USP. Gun magazines get sub 2" at 25 yards. The only thing I do not like about them is the finish. It gets scratched easily vs my USP where the finish has endured a lot of abuse.

I also have a cz 97B 45 and a cz compact 40. I never had any FTE or FTF with any of them.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I agree the CZ is also a great pistol, I would go with the compact though (CZP01) for fullsize I would go with the CZ 75B. I just don't like the looks of the SP01 and the 75B is pretty much the same gun....

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have heard a lot of good things about the CZ guns. I also have heard a lot about the HK P30. I prefer HK but I dont have any experience with CZ. That being said I would love the HK P30L.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
CZ makes a great pistol, however they are not reaching HK quality and design.
They cost only half or less of HK's!
CZ USA as company has also a few points where they could improve!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CZ makes a great pistol, however they are not reaching HK quality and design.
They cost only half or less of HK's!
CZ USA as company has also a few points where they could improve!
Like how, tell me more. I don't know anything about them....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a CZ SP01 9mm. It is the best hand gun out there for the money. It comes with mepro lights night sights. The grip is the best. Low bore. Extremely soft shooter. A lot less muzzle flip than my USPf 9mm, P7M8, and my 1911. Heavy so it absorbs recoil. Supper accurate. The trigger is gritty out of the box so you need a trigger job or dry fire a few hundred times. It shoots fast and it is easier to be accurate with it in rapid fire than my USP. Gun magazines get sub 2" at 25 yards. The only thing I do not like about them is the finish. It gets scratched easily vs my USP where the finish has endured a lot of abuse.

I also have a cz 97B 45 and a cz compact 40. I never had any FTE or FTF with any of them.
How do you like the slide design (where the slide is inside the frame versus outside)? Do you think it really does attribute to it's accuracy???

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Like how, ....
The HK finish is better.
Just take a HK in your hand and then a CZ. The CZ is the "good old style" metal gun.
Then when you take the slide off, you can see inside a big difference, which you feel as well when you try the trigger!
Don't get me wrong, CZ's are good guns, but just a diffent level.
Also don't forget, for less then half the money of a HK you get a CZ and a box of ammo!
Nice on CZ's what now is copied now even by HK are the "Glow sites".
CZ always had those.

CZ USA >>>
1. Does nothing for the marketing. Even CZ Knokoffs are more adverticed, like EA or Armalite.
2. CZ USA has half of the guns not in stock and long delivery times. Guess what, nobody waits mounths for a new CZ.
3. CZ USA treats FFL as if they don't want to deal with them. I called them on a Kadet conversion kit and not only that they wanted $50 over the dealer price from distributors, shipping would have been Overnight only for $45.
You would think, that a company whos guns are not as popular as even Keltec or Taurus would treat FFL real nice, so that they like selling CZ's.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The HK finish is better.
Just take a HK in your hand and then a CZ. The CZ is the "good old style" metal gun.
Then when you take the slide off, you can see inside a big difference, which you feel as well when you try the trigger!
Don't get me wrong, CZ's are good guns, but just a diffent level.
Also don't forget, for less then half the money of a HK you get a CZ and a box of ammo!
Nice on CZ's what now is copied now even by HK are the "Glow sites".
CZ always had those.

CZ USA >>>
1. Does nothing for the marketing. Even CZ Knokoffs are more adverticed, like EA or Armalite.
2. CZ USA has half of the guns not in stock and long delivery times. Guess what, nobody waits mounths for a new CZ.
3. CZ USA treats FFL as if they don't want to deal with them. I called them on a Kadet conversion kit and not only that they wanted $50 over the dealer price from distributors, shipping would have been Overnight only for $45.
You would think, that a company whos guns are not as popular as even Keltec or Taurus would treat FFL real nice, so that they like selling CZ's.
Very true. Good points.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How do you like the slide design (where the slide is inside the frame versus outside)? Do you think it really does attribute to it's accuracy???
I think that the slide to frame fit does not affect accuracy since the barrel is in the slide and sights are on the slide, therefore the lock up of barrel and slide is the most important and the barrels quality.

With the USP I have to concentrate more to be accurate with the SP01 I do not have to concentrate as much. I think it is the grip of the cz being so comfortable.

I felt a P30 at the shop and man it was nice ans the grip was as comfortable as CZ's. So I think it will shoot better than USP's. I would buy a p30 and a HK45 if I could but they are not california approved.

CZ USA customer service was great. I needed night sights on my 97B and it took 1 week turn around. Also Ghoastholster does everything too. They produce the custom shop version of sp01 for CZ. For around $800 it can not be beat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HK can't be beat. The p30's have better feel and balance than any other tupperware 9mm I've handled. The p2000 is nice but the grip on those are not quite as comfy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
HK can't be beat. The p30's have better feel and balance than any other tupperware 9mm I've handled. The p2000 is nice but the grip on those are not quite as comfy.
I agree that with you on the p30. From what I hear the muzzle flip is minimal. It took HK to bring these to the market.

HK's craftsmanship, quality, and attention to detail is top notch. Can to say the same about CZ's. But again its half the price of HK.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts