HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My USP Compact 40鈥檚 grip is too big for my wife. Is the P2000 a good accurate and reliable gun in 40S&W?
Thanks 馃檹馃檹

Registered
Just as accurate as a USP Compact but less bulky and easier to carry. I prefer the P2000 but one thing to keep in mind is that the trigger reset is slightly longer on the P2000.

Banned
I carried a SK LEM in .40 for 2 or 3 years. Don't recall a stoppage. Recoil was more than larger pistols, especially in 9. I never recall the SK as unpleasant.

More recoil, especially in .40, is sure to come with smaller pistols. I much prefer the SK to a G27. If you feel like you need .40, as I felt I did around creatures, you just realize your splits will be slower than, for example, a G17. If the recoil isn't worth whatever reason you got a .40, try a .357 Sig barrel in the .40, or replace it with a SK in 9. I have a 9 too, and it is much softer shooting.

Registered
Mine is very accurate! Carry鈥檚 well and uber reliable. Might have trouble finding one but if you can, buy it! I waited for mine to arrive to my LGS for 18 months. Finally showed up one day.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My P2000sk V3 in 40 S&W has been completely reliable.
Is the recoil of the 40 that much more than the 9mm鉂 Everyone in the shops tells me that 40
Is s dead calibre. I already have a USP Compact 40 for years with no complaints and if I get a 9mm Ammo is really hard to find. I am ready to to pull the trigger so to speak on the 40mm. Would it be a mistake.鉂

Registered
Yes, recoil is more but that is relative; it doesn't bother me. Dead no. Less in use yes. I'd buy it and not look back.

Banned
Yes, recoil is more but that is relative; it doesn't bother me. Dead no. Less in use yes. I'd buy it and not look back.

Registered
FWIW, I have the USP40c and stumbled across an estate Walther PPS40 from my armorour. For the price I had to take it. Half epected it to fly out of my hand. Smooth and accurate to an extreme. Recoil was no issue. Different but no more than the USPc. I would expect the p2000 40 to do as well or better (has been on my want list for a long time). My significant other handled it with ease and actually prefers it to the USP.

Small doesn't have to mean harsh. IMO it's all about how the force is transferred to the hand (engineering). Have fired some full size mass produced (= cheap) 9mm pistols that actually stung a bit. My research says buy with confidence.

Hope this helps some.

Registered
USP40c is easy to use and easy to carry

Registered
I have been carrying a .40 P200SK for years as a back and never had a problem qualifying. The only problem I ever had was a magazine spring and that was an easy replacement.

Registered
My USP Compact 40鈥檚 grip is too big for my wife. Is the P2000 a good accurate and reliable gun in 40S&W?
Thanks 馃檹馃檹
Your wife prefers 40sw over 9mm? Is this pistol for you or her? I would get your wife a P2000 in 9mm, ammo is becoming more available and coming down in price.

Registered
Your wife prefers 40sw over 9mm? Is this pistol for you or her? I would get your wife a P2000 in 9mm, ammo is becoming more available and coming down in price.
If they can afford it and his wife can shoot it, I don't see why they should switch.

Registered
Box of .40 is maybe a $1.25 more, just because you like the 9mm don't push it on people and the P-2000 SK in .40, is the softest shooting gun I have, and most of my guns are in .40

Registered
Box of .40 is maybe a $1.25 more, just because you like the 9mm don't push it on people and the P-2000 SK in .40, is the softest shooting gun I have, and most of my guns are in .40
Relax ca survivor, I didn't say I like or dislike 9 or 40, I'm not pushing anything on anybody, most of my pistols are in 45

1 - 16 of 16 Posts