HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get in touch with Urbach Precision MFG. Does anyone have their contact info? The only number I can find does not work.

Thansk!

·
Registered
230 Posts
The only way to get in touch with him is by fax. He stopped answering the phone several years ago. I did look and do not have the fax number anymore (I do not like to do business with people that cannot be reached by phone so I gave up on Murry).

Try postng on Tom Bower's subguns NFA board.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
This is all I have: Urbach Precison Manufacturing Co.
1529 Axe Dr.
Garland, TX 75041
214/864-0848
I do not have his fax and I agree, if you cannot reach someone by phone or e-mail I would just as soon go elsewhere. There are plenty of good smiths out there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'm trying to get in touch with him to see what it takes to get one of his PSG clone barrels.

Finding a 26" barrel is a real freaking nightmare.

Wish me luck, hope he answers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
I sent Murry my HK91 (3) Three years ago and have called and called with no answer. I have even faxed him recently and simply asked for a reply on when he would be finished with my gun or if he would send it & my parts back to me unfinished. He did not reply to my fax. Take this with a grain of salt but I would advise you to think twice before you send your gun. He told me 6 months tops to turn my HK91 into a MSG90A1 and It's been 3 years and counting.By the way if anyone here knows Murry and talks to him will you please ask him to call me. He has had my gun & parts for 3 years and I don't think it's to much to ask for a returned phone call. Thank you Robby King / King's Guns 01 FFL 03 SOT 1-706-213-1554 8-5 Eastern M-F

·
Registered
171 Posts
Robby, that sucks. I wonder if he's going to do my rifle in a batch with yours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I sent it over two years ago for a PSG1 conversion, but I sent it to Larry Wolff, who said he could expedite the process. Now, he won't communicate with me either.

Funny thing is, I don't really even want the PSG anymore; I'd rather have a 51 to use with one of my sears.

What number did you use to fax him?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have Murry's fax number at work. I will be out tomorrow & Wen. but will email it to you Thursday night. Larry Wolff and I had several deals and all went great. I haven't talked to him in a while. I guess I'm not the only one in this boat. If Larry could help you I think he would. Thanks RK

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Guy's,
Don't feel like your alone in this boat. Murray has had my Rifle also, fixing to go on 3 years for my MSG90A1 conversion. He did a super, super job on my PSG1 conversion. But like you all said after awhile of waiting you give up on the project. I almost forgot I even had a gun it's been so long. Good luck in your endevours. Best Regards, Keith
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
1 Posts
3 yrs I would be at his door asking for the firearm back. That to me is extreme unless YOU were told it would be that long. I keep hearing horror stories about sending things out and instead of the 3 to 6 months its years. To me thats a sign of the person being a out right Liar and BS artist.
I have a friend going through something like this, but not firearm related. I told him the same thing pay for the flight and get your stuff back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Registered
961 Posts
I sent Murry my HK91 (3) Three years ago and have called and called with no answer. I have even faxed him recently and simply asked for a reply on when he would be finished with my gun or if he would send it & my parts back to me unfinished. He did not reply to my fax. Take this with a grain of salt but I would advise you to think twice before you send your gun. He told me 6 months tops to turn my HK91 into a MSG90A1 and It's been 3 years and counting.By the way if anyone here knows Murry and talks to him will you please ask him to call me. He has had my gun & parts for 3 years and I don't think it's to much to ask for a returned phone call. Thank you Robby King / King's Guns 01 FFL 03 SOT 1-706-213-1554 8-5 Eastern M-F
At this point I would be on a plane to his front door. How do you guy last for these long times? There is no excuse for that...

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Try postng on Tom Bower's subguns NFA board.
Forget that... nobody there can get ahold of him either. We've all given up trying to contact Murray Urbach.

Urbach SEEMS to work for Gordon Miller exclusively. You want Murray to do something, contact Gordon... he seems to have a 'hot' line to Urbach that he answers.

·
Registered
896 Posts
"07-21-2004, 06:18 PM"

I think this thread is a little old.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
"07-21-2004, 06:18 PM"

I think this thread is a little old.
Your thought processes are working correctly... however, this is still relevant because Murray Urbach is still unreachable.

For a guy that does such good work, being unable to contact him is a complete pain in the whatzat.

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Hahahah! I think this is funny. Because I was reading it and I saw the post from Kiefer stating that it's been 3yrs and I was like....what are you talking about it was 7yrs and you have gun back....am I high? Then I thought I would write a post and tell those guy's that 3yrs was nothing and that they have another 4 to go. Then I saw the dat and realized this was from 2004! Hols ****1 If I had been writing and wondering about my gun in 2004, I would saure as hell not have waited another 4YEARS!!!! Sheeesh!

Call me impatient, but I would have cashed in some miles and shown up on his doorstep! Then I would have gotten my stuff back plus a lot of freebies for the airfare and the time he wasted!

R.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So let me pile on. I sent him my rifle in the spring of 2001. Its now December of 2008.. still no rifle back. No answering the phone, no replies to faxes either. I guess a threat of legal action is the only way to get him to lift a finger. A shame, really, because it was my understanding his work was decent (when he did it).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.