HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks... Just ordered my V2 control lever from HK today. Should be here in 5-7 days.

How hard is this swap really going to be? I'm having a hard time finding an armorer around that doesn't want 60$ to do the change, even though I've read that it only takes 10 minutes on here. I said this to one guy, and he laughed at me and said "10 minutes, yeah right, you gotta take the whole gun apart!" , and he wants a ton of money to change it.

I've read the instructions at http://www.streetpro.com/usp/detail/dst.html , but am getting confused on the parts. I've never "detail" stripped a gun, and the parts that are being named off I dont know. The instructions show how to detail strip the gun, but not how to switch the lever. Does the axle sleeve switch sides since the control lever will be on the right side of the frame?

Is anyone willing to help me with a step by step in leymans terms, or show me the parts that need removed?

I dont mean to be a pain, but I'm having a really hard time finding anyone else to help. :(

I hope big bore can chime in. He seems like the resident expert.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
As far as I know, nothing changes except the control lever goes in the other direction.

As far as the parts, the best thing you could do is open up your manual (or find one online) and get yourself familiar with the parts. The exploded view of the parts will also give you a good idea of how they fit into the gun. Just don't force anything.

If you are mildly good with your hands and don't get impatient, it should be a cinch.

And while you're at it, clean and oil the parts as you put it back together. Might as well, right?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know, nothing changes except the control lever goes in the other direction.

As far as the parts, the best thing you could do is open up your manual (or find one online) and get yourself familiar with the parts. The exploded view of the parts will also give you a good idea of how they fit into the gun. Just don't force anything.

If you are mildly good with your hands and don't get impatient, it should be a cinch.

And while you're at it, clean and oil the parts as you put it back together. Might as well, right?
I am good with my hands, but have never done something like this before. I'm just afraid of sending several small parts flying across the room! and I really dont want to screw up a brand new gun. I guess I couldn't break anything, I just want to make sure I get it put back together again, and the right way.

The reason I ask about the axle sleeve is it looks like it is what the control lever gos through, and if the control lever is on the right side, it would need to come from the left. right? OH I DONT KNOW!

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
The reason I ask about the axle sleeve is it looks like it is what the control lever gos through, and if the control lever is on the right side, it would need to come from the left. right? OH I DONT KNOW!
The Hammer axle is always installed from right side of the weapon to the left, no mater what the Variant is. Don´t worry, it cannot be installed any other way (without using a considerable amount of force ;) )

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I think I've got myself pumped up to do this. Been studying the diagrams over and over.

So, to get the point correct, NOTHING changes direction or sides or positions or anything EXCEPT the control lever. Everything comes apart, V2 control lever goes in, and then the gun goes together EXACTLY how it came apart. RIGHT?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Now you got it. The only change is the CL goes in from the right side instead of from the left.
Your smith was just trying to justify bending you over and loading you like a shotgun.

Look at the LEM installation directions at the top of this forum. You have to do the same things when doing the control lever swap but obviously you retain all your parts and put them back the same way they come out in reverse order. I do not believe you will have to even remove the hammer axle. Follow the LEM conversion directions to the point you remove the CL then put in the V2 CL from the right side and reassemble.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw a post on here recently about doing the disassembly inside one of those large clear plastic bags from the dry cleaner's so if any springs go shooting off they won't go far.

I don't know if I'd use that method (it seems distracting) - but you might want to prep your work area with that kind of thing in mind... close the drains and sit in the bathtub or something ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw a post on here recently about doing the disassembly inside one of those large clear plastic bags from the dry cleaner's so if any springs go shooting off they won't go far.

I don't know if I'd use that method (it seems distracting) - but you might want to prep your work area with that kind of thing in mind... close the drains and sit in the bathtub or something ;)
hahaha. thats great. It could be my "clean room" lmao

Hopefully i will be ok. I will definately keep an eye on the cats, as they get quite curious when I'm working on something, and love small, easy to lose, expensive parts. :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts