HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gents,

I've been doing some research and I think I found my answers but I wanted to run it by the pros first...

Found a nice used USP 45C That I want to buy, but it's a DAO (not sure what variant or if it has safety yet, will know tomorrow) How would I go about converting it to a V1? I think I need a Detent lever like this:

USP Detent Plate - HKPARTS.NET

Do I also need a hammer axle? Can one of you kind sirs link the parts I would need to make such a conversion?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Hello Gents,

I've been doing some research and I think I found my answers but I wanted to run it by the pros first...

Found a nice used USP 45C That I want to buy, but it's a DAO (not sure what variant or if it has safety yet, will know tomorrow) How would I go about converting it to a V1? I think I need a Detent lever like this:

Do I also need a hammer axle? Can one of you kind sirs link the parts I would need to make such a conversion?

Thank you!
It's kinda hard to give you an accurate answer without knowing exactly what you've got. It's along the lines of saying, "I want to switch from carburetor to fuel injection on a car I'm getting but not sure which engine it is yet. Hhat do I need?"
If it does have a safety already that will dramatically reduce the number of parts needed. If it's true DAO then you'll need quite a few parts. If it's LEM then most likely you'll be able to trade parts with someone who is looking to go to LEM. The first step is to get the specifics and everyone here will be more than willing to help you out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's kinda hard to give you an accurate answer without knowing exactly what you've got. It's along the lines of saying, "I want to switch from carburetor to fuel injection on a car I'm getting but not sure which engine it is yet. Hhat do I need?"
If it does have a safety already that will dramatically reduce the number of parts needed. If it's true DAO then you'll need quite a few parts. If it's LEM then most likely you'll be able to trade parts with someone who is looking to go to LEM. The first step is to get the specifics and everyone here will be more than willing to help you out.
Got the specifics today. It is a DAO with safety on the left side, aka its a right handed set up with the control lever (safety). Considering this, the coversion should be very simple to make it decock with SA/DA like V1?

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Hello Gents,

Thank you!
PM sent

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
That's the Variant 4 DAO. I believe all you would need are V1 sear and 1+2 Detent Plate

V4 is Decock only with lever on the right side. What he is describing is V5.

Variant 5: 
Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on left side of frame

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
V4 is Decock only with lever on the right side. What he is describing is V5.

Variant 5: 
Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on left side of frame
So what does that mean in terms of parts? How easy is it to swap it yourself? I am decent with my hands, if I can swap a supercharger I hope I could do this myself?

Thanks guys, very helpful!!!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
USP V4 is DA/SA decock only with the lever on the right side (no safety). DAO models are V5 thru V7. 5 and 6 have safeties. 7 does not.

The Hammer, Sear, Detent Plate, and Tube (whatever that is) are all specific to V5-7.

I'm not sure if the true DAO model is still made or if LEM replaced it and used the same V-numbers. Heck for this much trouble convert to LEM!

-- Chuck

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
So what does that mean in terms of parts? How easy is it to swap it yourself? I am decent with my hands, if I can swap a supercharger I hope I could do this myself?

I'm honestly not sure. You should go over to the customer service forum and ask there. Or just call HK customer service.

·
Registered
18,643 Posts

I think I left out one part: V1 bobbed hammer. To sum it up, you'll need:
1. V1 bobbed hammer
2. V1 sear
3. V1 detent plate

Going from V5 to V1 is pretty straight forward. You want to read this LEM Installation Guide before doing it.
Basically, remove the sear + catch + control latch + disconnector + sear axle, safety lever, hammer axle, hammer, cocking piece, and cocking piece spring.

Then you'll install the parts in this order:
1. V1 bobbed hammer, then insert hammer axle thru hammer
2. Safety lever
3. Disconnector, then V1 sear, then catch + control latch, finally push in the sear axle (from right to left side of frame) to sit flush with the LEFT side of frame
4. Insert V1 detent plate, then push the sear axle to sit flush with the RIGHT side (thus catching the detent plate in place)

I think that should do it. PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I left out one part: V1 bobbed hammer. To sum it up, you'll need:
1. V1 bobbed hammer
2. V1 sear
3. V1 detent plate

Going from V5 to V1 is pretty straight forward. You want to read this LEM Installation Guide before doing it.
Basically, remove the sear + catch + control latch + disconnector + sear axle, safety lever, hammer axle, hammer, cocking piece, and cocking piece spring.

Then you'll install the parts in this order:
1. V1 bobbed hammer, then insert hammer axle thru hammer
2. Safety lever
3. Disconnector, then V1 sear, then catch + control latch, finally push in the sear axle (from right to left side of frame) to sit flush with the LEFT side of frame
4. Insert V1 detent plate, then push the sear axle to sit flush with the RIGHT side (thus catching the detent plate in place)

I think that should do it. PM me if you have any questions.
Thank you very much! I will take you up on that once I pick it up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts