HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SEF lower that I'm putting on my HK53 that I intend on making semi auto. I tried searching but that function doesn't seem to work on my phone and I couldn't find anything on Google.

Does anyone know (or have access to a guide) how to convert it so if I put it on "F" it will still only fire semi auto? Do I modify the sear?

Thank you

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that helps. I did see that some of the parts sites have semi auto Sears, I'm guessing that's not just a drop in semi auto solution?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thanks, that helps. I did see that some of the parts sites have semi auto Sears, I'm guessing that's not just a drop in semi auto solution?
I don't think I've seen what you are talking about, as I remember there is no difference between a semi auto sear, maybe it's just a compliance part? Do you have a link for it?

It's been a long time since I've converted a pack, so I'm going from memory on something I did maybe 25 years more ago. I bought a semi-auto spring & spacer from maybe HKparts.net or RTG parts. I tried converting the original spring but if memory serves, that didn't work too well.

It's kind of hard to explain in text, but here goes!

I took the pins out that hold in the trigger spring, sear trip and hammer, in the fire control group housing. Then I cut the housing from the front to the top of the sear trip pin hole and from the bottom to the back so that the hole where the sear pin was couldn't be used or re-used. Then I drilled a new hole the size of the sear trip pin closer to the trigger, kind of centered between my cut and the notch in the bottom. I reused the sear trip pin and used the new spring and spacer from HKParts ... You can get a US made hammer and sear for the 922r parts count or as I already had enough of the necessary 922r parts I just ground the bottom/back sear catch off the hammer which is for full auto ... Without the sear trip it will only function in semi-auto, even if you rotate the selector to the full-auto setting.

Other options are that you could buy a semi pack from HKParts, I'm sure you could also find one on GunBroker or there are several builders that will convert your SEF pack for a modest fee.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
The big thing is a semi auto trigger stop needs to be welded into the trigger frame. The stop doesn't allow the trigger far enough back to pull the disconnect function out of the way. Without it if the full auto trigger frame is notched, that is an unregistered machinegun.

Scott

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just contacted bill springfield about doing this very same thing he only charges like $55. Pretty good price and I have heard awesome things about him.

triggerwork.net

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think I've seen what you are talking about, as I remember there is no difference between a semi auto sear, maybe it's just a compliance part? Do you have a link for it?

It's been a long time since I've converted a pack, so I'm going from memory on something I did maybe 25 years more ago. I bought a semi-auto spring & spacer from maybe HKparts.net or RTG parts. I tried converting the original spring but if memory serves, that didn't work too well.

It's kind of hard to explain in text, but here goes!

I took the pins out that hold in the trigger spring, sear trip and hammer, in the fire control group housing. Then I cut the housing from the front to the top of the sear trip pin hole and from the bottom to the back so that the hole where the sear pin was couldn't be used or re-used. Then I drilled a new hole the size of the sear trip pin closer to the trigger, kind of centered between my cut and the notch in the bottom. I reused the sear trip pin and used the new spring and spacer from HKParts ... You can get a US made hammer and sear for the 922r parts count or as I already had enough of the necessary 922r parts I just ground the bottom/back sear catch off the hammer which is for full auto ... Without the sear trip it will only function in semi-auto, even if you rotate the selector to the full-auto setting.

Other options are that you could buy a semi pack from HKParts, I'm sure you could also find one on GunBroker or there are several builders that will convert your SEF pack for a modest fee.

Best of luck!
This is the part I'm talking about.

http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/MATCH-SEMI-AUTO-SEAR-SPRING-FOR-HK-p10.htm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just contacted bill springfield about doing this very same thing he only charges like $55. Pretty good price and I have heard awesome things about him.

triggerwork.net
Interesting, thanks, I'll check this out but I want to try to tackle this myself first... I'm pretty handy with this kind of stuff if I can figure out how to do it

·
Registered
202 Posts
This is the part I'm talking about.

HK Semi Auto Sear Spring, Match, RTG Parts

That's also the same spring I was talking about replacing when you remove the sear trip. The main thing is that you don't just notch the trigger housing so that it fits on top of the ledge. You must cut the front notch completely out horizontally and vertically from the sear pin hole. That is the correct and suggested legal way to do it. Back when I did mine the BATFE had an instruction sheet complete with pictures on what they considered the legal method and this was the most important step in making sure you didn't have an unregistered machine gun. I may still have it somewhere and will see if I can dig it up.

I actually found some previous instruction in the HKPro Reference Library: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/122136-sef-f-pack-conversion-semi-auto.html

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's also the same spring I was talking about replacing when you remove the sear trip. The main thing is that you don't just notch the trigger housing so that it fits on top of the ledge. You must cut the front notch completely out horizontally and vertically from the sear pin hole. That is the correct and suggested legal way to do it. Back when I did mine the BATFE had an instruction sheet complete with pictures on what they considered the legal method and this was the most important step in making sure you didn't have an unregistered machine gun. I may still have it somewhere and will see if I can dig it up.

I actually found some previous instruction in the HKPro Reference Library: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/122136-sef-f-pack-conversion-semi-auto.html
That's helpful, thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts