HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

What exactly is different in terms of parts between LEM and light LEM for the HK45 full size? Is it just the trigger return spring? Do they use the same firing pin safety spring or are they different?

Is this the correct trigger return/rebound spring to order to convert from LEM to light LEM?

Light trigger spring, HK light trigger return spring - HKPARTS.NET

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The difference is Trigger Rebound Spring + Hammer Spring for Light LEM. Same FPBS.
That's the right TRS, but you'll also need a Hammer Spring if you are converting a HK45 LEM to light LEM.

·
Registered
759 Posts
That is the correct part for the TRS. If you are starting from a heavy LEM configuration, you would also normally replace the FPBS. The lighter TRS and FPBS come in the standard V1 (SA/DA) configuration, but presumably not if you are starting with a heavy LEM variant. If you're not sure, you should pull the FPBS from your pistol and take a look at it. There is a noticeable difference between the new style light FPBS and the regular FPBS. I'm not sure if you would need to swap out the hammer spring as well for the lightest trigger pull.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know for my P30 it is a V1 light LEM and the normal LEM is a V2. Is there a heavy LEM variation?

Where can I get the lighter hammer spring?

I'm about the get a HK45 and the LEM version the dealer has is $30 more than the DA/SA. I want to have the light LEM version so I'm trying to see which way is cheaper.

buy the DA/SA and spend $90 or the LEM convertion kit
buy the LEM and buy springs to convert to light LEM.

thanks!

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
HKfaninMD said:
I'm not sure if you would need to swap out the hammer spring as well for the lightest trigger pull.
When you want Heavy (standard) LEM, you replace the original DA/SA TRS + HS with the LEM versions. No FPBS replacement needed.
When you want Light LEM, you keep the original TRS + HS from DA/SA. No FPBS replacement needed.

Wouldn't it be logical to say that when you want to go from Heavy LEM to Light LEM, that you replace the LEM TRS + HS with the DA/SA version of the TRS + HS? AFAIK, the DA/SA TRS has the same trigger pull weight as the Light TRS.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I know for my P30 it is a V1 light LEM and the normal LEM is a V2. Is there a heavy LEM variation?

Where can I get the lighter hammer spring?

I'm about the get a HK45 and the LEM version the dealer has is $30 more than the DA/SA. I want to have the light LEM version so I'm trying to see which way is cheaper.

buy the DA/SA and spend $90 or the LEM convertion kit
buy the LEM and buy springs to convert to light LEM.

thanks!
V2 LEM on a P30 is the Heavy LEM version.
Here is the DA/SA Hammer Spring.

It would be cheaper to buy the Heavy LEM HK45 from your dealer, then get the light springs to convert to Light LEM. You'll save a few bucks, but subject yourself to the pain-in-the-you-know-where task of replacing the TRS. Not terribly hard, but if you haven't done it before, it could be quite challenging.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the clarification. So I need the the DA/SA HS and the light TRS. To change the TRS, do I have to take out the trigger bar or is it just drifting out the trigger pin? I've detail stripped and worked on Sigs P series/Glocks/1911s so I don't think HKs can be much more challenging than that.

V2 LEM on a P30 is the Heavy LEM version.
Here is the DA/SA Hammer Spring.

It would be cheaper to buy the Heavy LEM HK45 from your dealer, then get the light springs to convert to Light LEM. You'll save a few bucks, but subject yourself to the pain-in-the-you-know-where task of replacing the TRS. Not terribly hard, but if you haven't done it before, it could be quite challenging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts