HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Effectively? No. They were intentionally designed to keep you from doing that. Of course, anything can be done if you have the time and money, but the short answer is no, you can't. :)

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Ditto. Don't spend a buck trying to save a dime. Buy the full caps if that is what you want to use. And if you cannot buy full caps in your state, converting a 10 round mag (if possible) would be just as illegal as buying a full cap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ditto. Don't spend a buck trying to save a dime. Buy the full caps if that is what you want to use. And if you cannot buy full caps in your state, converting a 10 round mag (if possible) would be just as illegal as buying a full cap.
I just received my CNDD order with 3 high caps and 3 free 10 rounder’s. I’ll save the ten rounder when traveling to California.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Ditto on that. Even not modifying is illegal. For example NY has a 10 round limit. Buying a 10 round .40 mag then loading it up with 9mm to get more than 10 rounds is a felony.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I live in CA where we have a 10rd limit on pistols. My .45 USPc mags are 8rd by default, and since the 10rd mags for the USPc .45 are no longer sold, I've been wondering if there's a way to increase it to 10rds.

So far the only way I've found is to purchase the 10rd mags for the HK45c, though I am unsure how the fit will be on my USPc. I have one of these mags coming from topgunsupply (great service btw) and will update how it fits when it arrives.

It would be nice if there was a way to convert my 8rd mags to 10rds... would still be legal, and would give me more shooting time at the range. Still, I respect that modifying the mag can be abused and most likely the manufacturers know about this and won't make it easy to modify.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts