HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a couple of HK pistols in DA/SA (USP 9c and 45c). Both have the safety/decocker (V3 I think) I've been toying with the idea of converting my 45c to a LEM trigger. I shoot the pistol as it is very well and have no complaints. I shot a friends P2000 with the LEM and I was absolutely deadly with it. My thought is that I would only improve my performance of my beloved 45c. I guess if I didn't like the LEM I could always go back to a V3 right? Should I make that swap?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Definitely. It's just one of those things that's going to be burning in the back of your head once the idea takes root. Like you said, it's an enjoyable afternoon to swap it back. Nothing to lose.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Another definitely!

Check out the tutorials, order the parts directly from HK CS (substantial savings) and make the switch. I think the last one I did cost me about $90 in parts. Shoot it for a while and IF you don't like it swap back. I've done it 3 timesd now, but each one has stayed a LEM......

Chuck

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I watched a youtube vid from a member here and while he did an excellent job of of explaining and illustrating the steps, I'm afraid I would screw it up.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I did and haven't looked back. Being a gunsmithing noob, I sent to HK had them do it, they returned all the original parts if I choose to revert someday (which I don't see happening)

·
Registered
285 Posts
As others said watch some videos on YouTube, some great walk-throughs. I was a little weary to swap my LEM for V1 myself, but glad I did. It was very easy and interesting to see how the internals work together. Just give it a shot!!

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I took to light LEM very fast. Leave the stock hammer spring, and TRS, and use the rest of the kit. If you can't warm up to it then you can always swap back. You only need to let the trigger go as far as reset for your next shot. Try this for a while and see what you think . LEM isn't for everyone. For the most part, I've found most either love it or just can't warm up to it. It's also a good time to know your weapon. Try it for out, you just might like it

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just did the swap on my USP45C, V1 (safety and decocker). It wasn't the sort of job for a newbie, but if you can follow directions, you should be ok. My trigger install went fine, but I took the gun out today and there was another issue--but that's a subject for another thread.

·
Registered
218 Posts
For some of you guys who have done the switch, I'm seeking advice. I'll post the question here, so perhaps the OP won't make the same mistake I did.

The kit comes with hammer springs for the USP, HK45, and USP-C. I assumed the compact used the shorter spring, and today I ended up with light primer strikes. So I just installed the long spring, and the hammer drops with much gusto. I've not yet fired it, though.

But I'm disappointed that the trigger pull is now 6.75 pounds. Yikes! I'm using the light TRS that came in the LEM kit. I've had the FPBS out, and it looked like a light one, but I didn't bother to compare it with another. My P2000SK breaks at 4.5 pounds exactly. I'd like the USP45C to come close to that. Might the new hammer spring take a set after a little while, decreasing the trigger pull?

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
For some of you guys who have done the switch, I'm seeking advice. I'll post the question here, so perhaps the OP won't make the same mistake I did.

The kit comes with hammer springs for the USP, HK45, and USP-C. I assumed the compact used the shorter spring, and today I ended up with light primer strikes. So I just installed the long spring, and the hammer drops with much gusto. I've not yet fired it, though.

But I'm disappointed that the trigger pull is now 6.75 pounds. Yikes! I'm using the light TRS that came in the LEM kit. I've had the FPBS out, and it looked like a light one, but I didn't bother to compare it with another. My P2000SK breaks at 4.5 pounds exactly. I'd like the USP45C to come close to that. Might the new hammer spring take a set after a little while, decreasing the trigger pull?
Two Sixy is the spring expert here.
But just installing the LEM kit with the DA/SA springs gave me a gunsmith measured 3.9 lbs trigger:biggrin:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks, guys. If not for you, then I'd be waiting to call HK support, and I doubt they would be as forthcoming with the information I need. Now the original spring is in place, for a 5.5 pound trigger pull. It's a little higher than I would shoot for, but it's not unreasonable. If it's reliable, then I can be happy with it. I don't think there is significant difference in mass between the V1 and the LEM hammers, so I suspect everything will be good.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Another definitely!

Check out the tutorials, order the parts directly from HK CS (substantial savings) and make the switch. I think the last one I did cost me about $90 in parts.

Chuck
i just checked with hk cs, they quoted $109 + shipping, which is certainly better than HKParts which charges $149 +, but both are higher than Eurooptic where they are listed for $87.44 + shipping.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I got my LEM kit from Cross Creek Guns sometime ago for $90ish. Installed it in my USP45 CT. Probably took me less than an hour to install which would've went smoother if I would have had a vice to use as a third hand. Really is not very hard to do IMO.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do they sell the HK smith kit? I want to get this LEM conversion but really want the smith kit if possible as well. Otherwise anywhere I can go and buy both and possible save a nickle with shipping?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts