HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all. Just bought a V3 P2000 and unfortunately it came with 10 round mags. Aside from just purchasing 13rd mags is there anyway to convert the ones I have to the higher mag capacity? Thanks!
Note: I do live in a free state so it is legal. Lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
Buy the 17 round mags for the P30/VP9 and the sleeve instead of buying the 13 round mag.
If you have the 15 round mags HK has the upgraded springs that will convert it to 17 rounders.
Apply red loctite to the xgrip, 2 drops should suffice.
That defeats the purpose of the P2000. I don't understand people getting extended mags when you can just go with the full size pistol to begin with.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Huh?

What extended mag? It's the P30/VP9 mag [15 or 17 rounder] with the xgrip sleeve so it can cover the gap. I did not suggest to add an extension.
If he already has the 15 rounder then if he should want to replace the magazine spring, HK webshop was selling the replacement spring so he could have 17 rounds.
Perhaps he only wants just the P2000 and likes to swap magazines when he's at home to have more rounds.
What is there not to understand? should he get a full size because someone's choices might not align with your beliefs? lol

·
Some gun guy
324 Posts
Huh?

What extended mag? It's the P30/VP9 mag [15 or 17 rounder] with the xgrip sleeve so it can cover the gap. I did not suggest to add an extension.
If he already has the 15 rounder then if he should want to replace the magazine spring, HK webshop was selling the replacement spring so he could have 17 rounds.
Perhaps he only wants just the P2000 and likes to swap magazines when he's at home to have more rounds.
What is there not to understand? should he get a full size because someone's choices might not align with your beliefs? lol
I think he means that, in the case of the P2000 and USPc, using P30/VP9 mags is, in effect, using extended magazines, as they are a higher capacity magazine than what the gun is supplied with. The magazine has not been extended, but the magazine capacity of the firearm has been.

But I don't agree with the position that using slightly longer, higher capacity magazines "defeats the purpose" of a gun that size, and with the advent of guns like the G19X/G45, Arex Delta X, Sig M17, etc., the firearms industry seems to agree. People seem to like having a shorter, compact-sized slide with a slightly longer, full-sized grip and a couple extra rounds. In the case of a P2000/USPc, it's more than just a couple extra. If anything, it might be a good idea for H&K to come out with their own baseplate for users to install on P30/VP9 mags for use with a P2000/USPc. I regularly carry a USPc9 with the abovementioned VP9 magazines and X-grip sleeves. The extra grip length doesn't bother me. The extra muzzle length, however, can dig into my legs a bit when I sit or bend down.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Buy the 17 round mags for the P30/VP9 and the sleeve instead of buying the 13 round mag.
If you have the 15 round mags HK has the upgraded springs that will convert it to 17 rounders.
Apply red loctite to the xgrip, 2 drops should suffice.
I didn’t even know that was possible. And this is perfect because I already have 3, 15rd VP9 mags.
I just bought the x-mags. Thanks, man!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
That defeats the purpose of the P2000. I don't understand people getting extended mags when you can just go with the full size pistol to begin with.
Because in the case of a shorter grip, depending on the circumstance and appropriate clothing required you can choose to deeply conceal or not. It's one of the reasons why the SK models are so popular. Not everyone can afford both a full size and a subkompact. And not everyone would choose to have both, especially when a different mag can provide a similar benefit. Then there are those of us that prefer to have both, just because we can and like to have more than one. Different strokes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts