HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I understand the obvious difference between convex and concave shapes, but the intended difference when it comes to functionality puzzles me.

Anybody know, from the horses mouth, what the two different butt pads exist for?

Attached is an image of what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bottom concave stock is a bit shorter so works better with body armor to retain LOP and better for smaller framed operators and it looks bada$$ on G36C ; )

·
Premium Member
3,456 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, one of the primary reasons for convex is to shoulder fire an attached grenade launcher; rolls on the shoulder better.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I don't know, "from the horses mouth" but have made some observations. Since the modern military-style firearms are not intended to be fired with the stock buried in your shoulder pit, like your grand dads Remington 700, or a shotgun, the shape of the stock allows the shooter to get a better feel of where the gun is. Ie.. bring the gun to your eye, vice bending your neck over to meet the stock. I have a concave stock on mine and prefer it because the bottom of the stock fits into the base of my humerus (shoulder bone).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts