HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Recently I got a used HK45c and have fallen in the love with it. Just did the LEM light conversion and after a few hiccups its running great and love the trigger more than I though I would. I'm now debating getting the full-size HK45 as well. The frugal person in me says to stick with 45c and get accessories as needed. My primary use for a full size would be HD/Range and eventually suppressed use. I've gone back and forth and here's what I'm thinking:

1) Just stay with the HK45c and save the $: get 10rd mags and then have same round capacity for HD as the full size. Get a threaded barrel for ~/<$250 (probably would for the full size anyways) for suppressor use. With this platform I can CCW and HD/range.

2) Get the full size: extra gun with longer sight radius, perhaps slighlyt more accurate. 10rd capacity out of the gate.

Frugality says to stay where I"m at and get the needed accessories for much cheaper than the cost of a full size HK45. The other part says to splurge and get the full size for dedicated hd/range. Thoughts???

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I like option 1. While the elephant foot mags look fking ridiculous, It looks to me like they should grip fine. I've seen a lot of people post they like the 45c better than the 45. You can always try it this way first, and if it doesn't scratch the itch get the full size later.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Depends on your money. If you broke like me, spend what you can on the compact, ammo, mags and accessories. I love mine and this is what I do.
But if you have cash laying around and all your bills are paid up, go ahead and get the full size. Then do the same as option 1.
You will be happy either way I think and love both pistols

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
When it comes to HK the answer is always, buy both.
That said, the HK45T is superb as well as the USP45T.
Hk45c w/elephant foot mags vs HK45T are apples and oranges. There is no way the compact will perform like the full size tactical models in HK45T or USPT.
But if you are skimped on budget, you can make do.
Watch the classified ads here as well as vendor offerings. I found a great deal on a 45T and am glad that I did.
You might like the post I wrote about its first range trip out, comparison.
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/range-re...t-hk45t-my-trusty-usp45t-feel-difference.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Right now I would just buy ammo.

However, I purchased my first hk a week or so ago and it's awesome. Coming from 1911s it's a super easy transition.

It really might be the most fun to shoot gun I have.

I'm in the same boat as you but backwards. I think I need a 45c now.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
My hk45 lem/match is the nicest shooting gun I have. Love it! I keep thinking about adding a hk45c for carry....as far as the options you are looking at, I would say buy the threaded barrel once you have the suppressor or once the barrels go on sale with hkusa and shoot the piss out of the gun you got. Get the full size when you have extra cash burning a hole in your pocket.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
HK 45 is a great gun. I've only shot about 200 rounds through mine, but I think they are pretty amazing. I want a 45c, too. If you can swing it, get it. If not, get it later:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
While the elephant foot mags look fking ridiculous, It looks to me like they should grip fine.
Not the same thing, but the fking ridiculous-looking elephant foot mag baseplates feel fine on a USPc 45. Compared to the standard pinky-extension baseplates, I don't notice anything really different in grip feel with the elephant foot mags.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am backwards from some here. I started with an HK45Ct and ended up going with an HK45t. Neither of which were planned for concealed carry. But I much prefer the feel of the grip of the full size and the handling. I would say that I have medium to small hands FWIW.

My HK45 and my 1911 are probably my most fun pistols to shoot--that and my VP9.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
As a matter of fact, my LGS was running a special, and I just picked up another HK45. Love, Love, Love these guns. Although, now that you have one, albeit a compact, what about a P30 or P7?

·
Registered
53 Posts
My HK45 is the first HK I ever bought. It's a pleasure to shoot and I do carry it in the woods from time to time. But if you have the compact, you could maybe skip the full size...................... But I sure wouldn't.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have the funds now to get a full size. Alternatively I could try and unload a commander size 1911 that I rarely shoot to free up the funds.

·
Registered
462 Posts
In good conscience, I cannot--- but I can convince you to get a USP45!!! :biggrin:

Tony

Yep, the HK45 double trigger click, false reset, killed it for me. USP45F in any variant. Ergonomics are nice, but you aren't concealed carrying this. 12 rounds that hit the target and the regular trigger is nice and smooth. USP.

JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yep, the HK45 double trigger click, false reset, killed it for me. USP45F in any variant. Ergonomics are nice, but you aren't concealed carrying this. 12 rounds that hit the target and the regular trigger is nice and smooth. USP.

JPG
Hey I'm new to the forum, but not to HK's or gun forums in general. I have an HK45 and I'm not sure what you are referring to. Can you please explain a bit on the double trigger click, because I have never noticed it on mine. Though mine is only about 4 years old, so maybe it was an issue that was resolved.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Find an HK45 to rent and then you will have your answer. That is what I do and it has saved my a LOT of money by not buying pistols I thought for sure I wanted though in the case of the HK45 it prompted me to buy one.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts