HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it is. I have a 93 that will drive tacs all day long. I love to shoot it, but I feel the need for a new toy. My friend has been trying to get this from me since day one. I am thinking that a FS2000 would fill the void. I know some of y'all have one so give me some input.

S.

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,292 Posts
HK 93 ( HOLD IT )...

Keep the HK 93 and save up for an FS2000

F/N FS2000 aren't going anywhere or away anytime soon...

We have a couple FS2000 in house... They run good... They look better in black...

Never surrender a quality EBR.... Especially an HK...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Option A: Your friend is right on track... that is as long as you let me take the HK93 off your hands.

Option B: Keep the 93 and save some cash to get the FN FS2000 or Sig556 or FN PS90 or whatever when you can pay for it out right.

Myself, I like option A. But to have a weapon that you shoot really well is worth so more than that a passing fancy of a new toy- for you option B is the better choice.

my $0.02

·
Registered
124 Posts
Think about how old your 93 is and it's current value. I just don't see the 2000 lasting as long or commanding the prices of HK's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, that was quick. Even my wife said I was nuts. I guess I had a momentary lapse of reason.

·
Registered
24 Posts
100% keeper

You always trade up NEVER down! The FN is a fine weapon but not in the same league and the prices will only go up. I passed on a SP89 10 years ago for $1200 and have never stopped kicking myself over it!

Josh

·
Banned
384 Posts
Do like I did and sell your first 93, your second 93, your second 91, and your 94. Then sit back and thumb through the cash, while salivating about your next purchase! :)

hkx3

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have both (just for the collector value of it). The 93 is just plain cool. The fs2000 is also cool in its own way. I have a sear so if I ever move it over to the 93 I can have a 53 (if I sbr) or a 33 type weapon. Folding stock or full stock it looks cool. It is as you say a tack driver and just feels like a great gun in my hands. The fs2000 will never be a full auto weapon. It is very short. 30 inches as short as my colt commando. The weapons length is the main assest to this rifle. Is is ambidextrous which is its next virtue. This is the actual reason why I bought it. My son is right handed and left eye dominant so I'm not sure about how he will be able to handle long guns. That being said the fs2000 will solve this. There is a new foregrip coming out for the fs 2000 by monolith arms that will give it a more comfortable grip and better looks on the frontend. Accuracy is not up to par with the 93. Personally I would never ever sell the 93 to fund the fs2000. You will regret it later and find yourself seeking to by another one. The fs 2000 is very cool and I will not sell it either, but FN unlike HK is making the fs2000 for us! God bless them! So there will be more and more fs2000s to be had in the future whereas that cannot be said about the hk93.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have both (just for the collector value of it). The 93 is just plain cool. The fs2000 is also cool in its own way. I have a sear so if I ever move it over to the 93 I can have a 53 (if I sbr) or a 33 type weapon. Folding stock or full stock it looks cool. It is as you say a tack driver and just feels like a great gun in my hands. The fs2000 will never be a full auto weapon. It is very short. 30 inches as short as my colt commando. The weapons length is the main assest to this rifle. Is is ambidextrous which is its next virtue. This is the actual reason why I bought it. My son is right handed and left eye dominant so I'm not sure about how he will be able to handle long guns. That being said the fs2000 will solve this. There is a new foregrip coming out for the fs 2000 by monolith arms that will give it a more comfortable grip and better looks on the frontend. Accuracy is not up to par with the 93. Personally I would never ever sell the 93 to fund the fs2000. You will regret it later and find yourself seeking to by another one. The fs 2000 is very cool and I will not sell it either, but FN unlike HK is making the fs2000 for us! God bless them! So there will be more and more fs2000s to be had in the future whereas that cannot be said about the hk93.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Keep the 93. When you give up some old dust covered rifle or pistol it is ok, but when you give up one of your HK's, you will regret it.

Look, plane tickets are pretty cheap. Find out where you can shoot one, plan a small vacation and arrange to shoot a bunch of ammunition through the FN. Bring your 93 along for the ride if you can. A family that vacations together stays together.

JPG

-It would be like dumping a great girlfriend, because you see another pretty face. You will always look back and wonder why you were so stupid as to let her go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts