HKPRO Forums banner

Correct front sight for this sight picture

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  benben 
#1 ·

I have a USP 40 Compact with a set of long dead night sights on it. My gun currently shoots to Sight Image 3 with nearly all 40 S&W ammo I shoot through it (typically 180 grain). I want it to shoot Sight Image 2 which is what I'm used to.

What front/rear sight combo do I need to to have it shoot to Sight Image 2?

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
All HK’s are designed to use a combat hold (sight pic #3). I personally feel this is the best sight picture to use. I understand your use to the pumpkin in the post #2. I guess my question would be “why” try to manipulate a sight picture that is not specifically designed for the firearm you are issuing?? I wish I could give you the answer you desire. I can not. I’m sure someone might be able to chime in with a better, more appropriate answer to help you out. But I respectfully recommend you at least giving the sight picture #3 more of a chance!
I've been shooting pistols for about 30 years now, own probably two dozen, and am a police firearms instructor.

I have no desire whatsoever to change the sight picture I use for one gun.

I know I need a lower height front sigh to raise the point of impact. I was just curious since H&K numbers their sights (and Meprolight does not) which combo would give me #2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.