HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am waiting for my K3P to come back from the 'smith pinning on the long flash hider. Barrel length with the long flash hider attached will be 16.25"

When I stripped the carrier today, I saw that it had the #7 PDW locking piece. (What degree is this one?)

Should I be changing that out to the G3K #18 50 degree? The standard 45 degree?

Seems to me the #7 would be too "fast" for the K3P with a 12.5" barrel, let alone with the long flash hider.

Teach me o' wise ones...

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
#7 is a 55-degree. G3K "correct" is 50-degree, #18.

I see HK Parts has a used G3/HK91 LP for $15. If you're worried about overfunction that'd be a cheap way to check.

Personally, I dont know that the extra 5 degrees from #18 to #7 is a big deal, and also- PTR has to warranty it, so until the warranty is up, I say run it and see what it does.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Think I might just order the correct G3K #18 50 degree and be done with it.

My guess is that PTR did not want to obtain/make a LP for a single model and the PDW version would "work" but is prob not ideal.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Could ask G3Kurz? I dont know that 5deg of dwell time is going to make a difference? Cheapest I saw #18 was like $70? But then again I bought a new factory handguard for my K3P because I didnt like the one that came from PTR- so who am I to tell you what to swap out, LOL

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know that 5deg of dwell time is going to make a difference?
You are running a 45 degree LP in your K3P right? But it is suppressed?

But then again I bought a new factory handguard for my K3P because I didnt like the one that came from PTR- so who am I to tell you what to swap out, LOL
That is funny cause that is on my list too. Not really happy with the painted finish that they put on it. Maybe a bling bling vented one.:biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts